Yahoo email

Discussion in 'Software Discussion & Support' started by dazednconfused, Apr 16, 2017.

1. dazednconfused

dazednconfused

I recently resuscitated my email account on Yahoo where I've been for 20 years, back when groups were in vogue. I reset password, went to my inbox, and get a message 'We are going to connect you through Outlook and will be permitted access to all your contacts and email'. What the #$@*&#. There are many other sites that will not allow you on until you sacrifice your personal info. And there's a bill somewhere that wants to give it up. Anyhow, How can one bypass this intrusive requirement and get into my Yahoo mail.

2. Jbc223456

Jbc223456

How did you access your Yahoo account?

You should be able to go to Yahoo Mail and sign-in there. That's how my friends log in and they don't have any redirects to Outlook. If you are getting page redirects like that, I would suggest reading the rules of this forum and let Broni help you make sure your computer is clean.

3. reggie14

reggie14

Yahoo doesn't keep dormant accounts around forever. They say they'll delete inactive accounts if you don't log-in once per year, though I think they give more time than that in practice.

Are you really logging in to your old Yahoo Mail account? Or did you provide a Hotmail/Outlook account during the resuscitation process? I'm wondering if they created a new non-mail Yahoo account using your Microsoft email address, and are now offering to show you Outlook mail in the Yahoo Mail interface.

4. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

I know Yahoo freezes/deletes your account if you haven't logged in for awhile, or they used to. I forget the cutoff date. My Mom passed 2 years ago and I recently tried to login and it said basically, account not recognized.

5. Jerry Falletta

Jerry Falletta

With all the problems that have been occurring with Yahoo! e-mail, I just closed out my Yahoo! account. Granted, I now cannot access any of the "Groups", but there were none that I frequent lately. All of the online e-mails seem to have their problems, but G-mail works OK for me... at least for now. I also have an e-mail account through TW/Spectrum... talk about problems! It occasionally just dies for a day or more, and their support people are among the worst I have even dealt with.

6. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

I use this and have never regretted. You pay a few coins but so what. I still use Yahoo for some things because I've had it since Al Gore invented the Internet, and don't want the hassle of mailing all my business dealings and old friends to give them my new address.

reagan.com

7. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

I like Yahoo now that they have the option to eliminate passwords and use one use tokens sent to my phone.

quartet-man likes this.
  8. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

I haven't seen that. Do they then send you stuff on your cell phone afterwards like texts and news events?

9. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member