What does the broadband rule repeal mean for you?

Discussion in 'PCMech Articles and Discussion' started by Brad.w, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Brad.w

Brad.w Editor-in-Chief Staff Member

2. Blaster3

Blaster3

with all these people that put their entire lives up on social media (twitface) they are already an open book, probably one of the arguments for collecting further data is those people have little else privacy to lose...

for the rest of us, it will become much more difficult to stay private without foregoing the internet & phones altogether...

SARGE likes this.
  3. David M

David M Techphile.

It should be a crime to buy and sell peoples personal data. This is especially true of mothers maiden names, social security numbers and dates of birth....everything that an identity thief needs to steal from others.

I wish I could discuss Congress and their involvement in this but that would be getting political.

4. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

David, that stuff isn't sold legally, is it? I thought that was stolen stuff.

5. David M

David M Techphile.

It's bought and sold indeed. There is no way to tell if personal information was stolen or it was released intentionally to someone else. There is no metadata attached to it saying its source. It does not matter the source. It's still your private information,

There are perfectly legal websites where you can pay money to get that kind of information on people......therefore you know it's being traded like a commodity elsewhere.

The people who make the laws have no interest in stopping the trade of people's private information. I can't go into why without getting political.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017