[UPDATED] How To Build Your Own PC Guide

Discussion in 'PCMech Articles and Discussion' started by Floppyman, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Floppyman

Floppyman PCMech Owner Staff Member

We finally got around to including pictures and videos in PCMech's popular "Build Your Own PC" tutorial. A big thanks to @glc for help with the guide, videos, and pictures.

Build Your Own PC - PCMech.com

2. Blaster3

Blaster3

i think you should delete those outdated comments, now that the article is updated...

3. David M

David M Techphile.

I find that it really helps to have a magnetic screwdriver. (#2 Phillips)

4. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

That's what that is in the top pic, just to the right of the magnifying glass. It has 4 bits - a #1 Phillips, a #2 Phillips, a wide straight slot, and a narrow straight slot.

5. David M

David M Techphile.

Ok, I just did not notice anywhere that it said magnetic. Where did I miss it?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
  6. Blaster3

Blaster3

by the time someone finishes reading the article, including watching the vids, and then reads the comments, they'd forget about the vague editors note, so wouldnt make sense, in fact, it'd make them think the whole article is bs because the comments are years before the article was written...

7. David M

David M Techphile.

Be nice Blaster.

8. Blaster3

Blaster3

that was nice...

the first comment listed is the oldest (feb 2015) and timo replied (feb 2015) "we're actually working on it", timo then goes on to reply to several of those comments with a similar response "we're working on it, update soon blah blah blah"...

timeline is nearly 3 years before any update... a tech site taking 3 years to update a tech article doesn't exactly instill confidence in first time visitors, imo... better to just delete them and start fresh from the articles new date of nov 2017

EDIT: after deleting those comments in the article, they should also delete blaster's posts in this thread as well...