Screen looks hazy and pale on Windows 10 and who is installing Bubble Gum?

Discussion in 'Windows OS Support (Vista and newer)' started by 357mag, Oct 8, 2017.

1. 357mag

357mag

When I initially tried Windows 10 my monitor and the Windows 10 desktop looked the way they are supposed to. Vivid and bold colors.

Since then I've been using Windows 8.1 but the only downside for me is that Guitar Pro 7 will not install on it. It will go on Windows 10 however. So I installed Windows 10 again. But now the desktop looks very pale and hazy. There is a grey fog on my desktop.

I have of course changed my monitor since then.

But I have tried installing several nVidia drivers for my GT710 and none of them remove that crappy desktop haze.

Then I'm getting stupid and useless software installed. Minutes later I see Bubble Witch Saga and Candy Crush Soda Saga installed.

What the hell?

If I can't fix these problems I'll stick with Windows 8.1. And keep experimenting with Linux.

2. AliveinIdaho

AliveinIdaho

Unfortunately Bubble Witch and Candy Crush now come with that install of Windows . They can be uninstalled.
    Try downloading Display Driver Uninstaller from Majoreeks (video tutorial available), then install latest driver for your card (should September 21 or there abouts)
    If monitor has On Screen Display you might try resetting to factory defaults then calibrate as required.
    Just a couple of options to try. Good Luck.

3. 357mag

357mag

Horrible Operating System. Will the day come that Microsoft has been reduced to a pile of rubble?

4. David M

David M Techphile.

Unlikely. People don't change operating systems very easily plus look at the options to Windows. With Linux there is still a sizable learning curve and some limitations, like with the number of games available. With Apple there are the high costs, being trapped inside of their biosphere and being limited to their expensive hardware with very few choices. Also, Microsoft has other ventures, like the creation of games and some hardware.

So even if for some extremely unlikely reason people stopped using Windows, Microsoft would still be around.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  5. reggie14

reggie14

A hazy color could be indicative of a problem with the gamma settings on the display. If the problem carried over to a new monitor, then I'd double check the display/color/gamma settings in the Nvidia control panel.

It's possible, although I think unlikely, that the video card could be malfunctioning. If resetting the monitor and video card settings doesn't help, trying a different video card might be the next thing I'd do.

6. 357mag

357mag

Looks nice and vivid on Windows 8.1 plus Linux plus Windows 7. Perhaps a glitch with Windows 10. I'm not going to pursue a fix for it though. I will stick with 8.1. And continue experimenting with Linux.

7. Blaster3

Blaster3

???

8. David M

David M Techphile.

Are you sure you are using the graphics card drivers that come from your cards manufacturer and not the generic graphics drivers that come with the OS?