Safari importing other people's bookmarks?

Discussion in 'Apple General Discussion' started by bhome83, Sep 12, 2016.

1. bhome83

bhome83

I've just noticed that my Safari web browser is importing other people's bookmarks. There is probably 50 different folders and about 100 + random websites as well as folders like 'John's youtube, or 'John's iphone'

I'm going to contact Apple about this but the only thing I can think of that is happening is that im importing other people's bookmarks when I'm on wi fi with either my mackbook air or iphone.

Anyone have any idea what may be going on? I never use safari myself (except on my iphone) and hardly ever favorite sites on my iphone. I mainly use Chrome (which is unaffected).

PS - I have never loaned my iphone or macbook to anyone. Really confused and a bit concerned what is going on here, because I don't do anything out of the ordinary with my phone or computer (I don't visit sketchy websites etc.)

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

3. Blaster3

Blaster3

another reason to disapprove of corporate entities...how 'bout allowin' us to choose our own preferences/actions, not automatic crapola... linux for me...

4. bhome83

bhome83

None of the bookmarks are mine from any browser. I'm just assuming I was hacked at this point. I went ahead and deleted the bookmarks and changed my Apple ID. I'm a little concerned about it all, considering I have never shared my computer or iphone with anyone, and am wondering if there is some glitch that isn't be recognized by Apple right now. It's weird that I seem to be the only one with this issue. I have asked around A LOT

5. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

Colin Powell and HRC along with the DNC, et al, were all hacked into. I'd think they have better protection than we do. I've had my identity stolen at least 4 times that I know about even though always careful about what I do but it happened. Such is the world of technology we have nowadays. You can run but you can't hide.

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017