Problem moving pics/videos from smartphone to computer

Discussion in 'Tablets, Smartphones, & Mobile Devices' started by David M, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Maskergas

Maskergas

Data transmission is not that hard, but it's not easy, especially when it comes to video on your phone. if your video format is too large, it won't be transferred easily[/QUOTE]

2. BikeNut

BikeNut

I use bluetooth to transfer photos to my computer.

3. David M

David M Techphile.

I like that idea. I just have an older motherboard without Bluetooth. I did solve the problem by connecting my phones stock Samsung charging cable to one of my computers USB 3 ports. Thanks.

4. BikeNut

BikeNut

I use a bluetooth adapter for my desktop computer.

5. David M

David M Techphile.

My existing gaming/simulation computer is on its last legs. It's over five years old now. Will get a mobo with Bluetooth sometime next year probably.

6. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

I have tried to use Bluetooth for file transfer from phone to PC and it's very slow compared to USB.

7. David M

David M Techphile.

Yeah, I have always preferred wired over wireless. In general, wireless is slower, is less secure, has less range and is less reliable. I understand the benefits of not having to run wire, which can be huge.

8. MaxRat

MaxRat Tweak Monster Staff Member

Some phones are faster than others when using Wifi... I still prefer to Use ES File Manager.

As long as your main pc on your network has a log in password you can sync ES with it and transfer over wifi. Very simple and NO need to plug in a USB cable.

Samsung tends to be the Worst when it comes to USB drivers. You have to be careful if you have a phone with an SD card, if you try to transfer media to the card over USB is can easily fry the card due to the way Samsung implements the driver. I've had this happen on a few phones I've done for people. Even if you use the Android Generic USB driver.

ES File Manager works very simple and is very handy for many things other than file transfers. Basically when you are on your Home Wifi just select LAN and search your network. It will automatically find all PCs on that subnet. Just log into one you wish to transfer media to and then select the media and copy it to the PC.

For me Wifi transfer is much faster than USB, especially on 5G network.

9. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

I gave up on ES, it's gotten too bloated. The stock Android 7.0 file manager is good enough for what I need. When I transfer files over USB, I use the computer to do the operations, not the phone.

10. MaxRat

MaxRat Tweak Monster Staff Member

The free ap is pretty bloated. The pay-for app doesnt come with any of that other sponsored crap. I bought it back a long time ago. I havent tried Android 7.0 yet. I'm on Lineage and I am unsure what it comes with stock. I'll check it out.

11. Jansker

Jansker

Listening to me, if you have a Facebook or Gmail account , you can get into your Facebook or Gmail account on your phone , and copy theses photos to account for save , then you can log out account from your phone , in the end , login into it on your computer with the same account , these photos can be exported on your computer from account ,if you feel very difficult , you can use other tools .

12. David M

David M Techphile.

I got it to work by another method thanks to George, but thanks for the ideas.

13. ParkPrince

ParkPrince

Was it because there was something wrong with the cable or USB debugging? Maybe you can check that. Also, you can try some other tools that allows you to manage and transfer files between smartphone and computer. I used an HTC Android phone and an HTC transfer tool to manage and transfer data. But that transfer tool is actually not a tool for only HTC, but also almost all Android devices including Samsung.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2017
  14. David M

David M Techphile.

As I said in post 23, I used a Samsung cable. Thank you.