PCMech [email protected] Team Status

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Floppyman, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Blaster3

Blaster3

side bar: just received electric bill today... $213.99 for 'power supply charges' (2326kwh) plus $179.54 for 'delivery & system charges' plus $36.36 taxes & 'other' charges; total $429.59 for last month, no a/c use yet... thanks to pse&g, whom took-over couple years ago and promised no/minimal rate increase, they didn't lie, instead they separated billing into 'rate per kwh' & 'delivery charges', bill actually doubled since they took over...
    probably why no-one, (perhaps a few), on li fold...

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

I just went over 200,000,000 points!

Jbc223456 likes this.
  3. glc

I don't know what has changed, but my PPD has gone down about 25%.

I'm shutting down for about a week and a half, I'm going to be out of town.

4. Kov-Ice

Kov-Ice

Nice one, g - 200 mil!

I've been down for past week due to va-cay.. Just now gearing all three boxen back up. Should be fully folding tomorrow or Tuesday, so that should help a bit...

5. bob

bob

PCM is currently at 110 rank in the world. It will get under 100 (first page :) ) within 2 months easily.
    pcmech.com - Team Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

The Bobx login has to stop overclocking do to being in the Tier3 energy usage - over $300 a month total. Also in California they penalize you for using to much year long.
    I figure I need to drop 200 watts which should cut points about 500K a day.
    The Tu.ul login is separate and will continue for a few more months.
    The 2 accounts I control account for almost half to the teams total points.
    Thanks to those that are folding with the cards I sent.
    There are 2 people here that I have sent cards or cash and have yet to fold. Now is the time.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  6. Jbc223456

Jbc223456

Just realized that my one machine hasn't been running the [email protected] client for a few weeks. Machine was running, turns out the machine had blue screened and remained on without rebooting - fans were still running so I assumed it was working (I don't connect a monitor to this one unless I need to do anything).

New hard drive was installed yesterday evening. Hopefully it'll start reporting progress again! Due to a recent move, I haven't had my main rig up and running in quite some time. Sad to see myself going from ~800k PPD to just under 300k PPD. Once I get settled in my new place and get expenses straightened out I should be able to get that guy running again.

7. bob

bob

PCM is in the top 100

Jbc223456 likes this.
  8. Jbc223456

Jbc223456

9. glc

10. Blaster3

Blaster3

11. bob

bob

$100 a month plus what the air conditioning needs. I made sure the site got to page one. It can stay on it with current folding levels. I sent out a lot of cards. Auen1 has a 1060 and Floppy man has a chunk of money that he said was for a card to fold.
    Everyone else folded and that is why PCmech can hold page 1 if it wants to.
    I sent the cards because energy costs elsewhere are way lower than the over .26 KWH net plus higher rates all year for using so much energy that pushes up the cost to an unknown amount. I have yet to know exactly why the cost has doubled since just under 2 years.
    I will fire up this winter to keep the site on track if needed. Based on current trends PCmech will not lose it's page 1 status.
    I would like to know what that white-pages computer is that can grind out almost 15 million points a day

12. Jbc223456

Jbc223456

I mean, take a look at the Curecoin team: Curecoin - Team Summary - EXTREME Overclocking Folding @ Home Stats

Probably have multiple machines folding under the same identity (much like I've got my two machines folding under my single identity). Plus, if their rigs are gears for coin mining, they've definitely got some serious horsepower.

13. glc

We are now #101. Let's get some more people folding!

14. bob

bob

15. glc

16. bob

bob

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  17. bob

bob

Well now we are at
    #98 on the Teams List and
    #100 on the Team Ranking (incl. aggregate)

There are only 3 teams gaining on pcm and they are years behind in rank slots. In a day or so we will gain another rank.
    In months time frame there are more rank slots to gain.

I am folding because Floppyman decided against buying a card and folding. He graciously returned the money and I decided to use the money to fold for a few more months. I was hoping to find people to join the team by buying cards because my electricity costs are almost 3 times more than others.
    Pcm would have a greater team if people that got help building PC's were at offered free help on doing folding. I am sure at least some people would love to use their new system for the cause against disease.

18. Jbc223456

Jbc223456

One of my machines seem to be down, so I'll have to take a look at that one when I get some time. On peak hours, I pay $0.23 per KWh. Off-peak I pay $0.064 per KWh. I have been considering adding a second card into my rig in order to help out a bit more since my energy costs are fairly cheap.