PC Build - No Post

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Daniel Philpott, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Daniel Philpott

Daniel Philpott

I recently built a pc using the components listed at the bottom of this post. All components were second-hand other than the case and RAM which was new. The graphics card has not yet been installed.
    I assembled the pc outside of the case (with the exception of the power supply) apart from the SSD (I found that the motherboard was missing the required screws to mount the M.2 SSD on the rear port). When I had finished connecting the various cables and turned on the PSU, the red LED's on the board lit up. When I pressed the power button on the case the light inside the button illuminated and the fans on the NH-D15 started up. I connected an HDMI cable from the board to my monitor, however could not get any display.
    After searching online how to fix this problem I decided to clear the CMOS seeing as it was a second-hand board. I also tried reconnecting each of the cables in turn. After this however, the pc would not turn on at all - when I press the power button on the case nothing happens. After fiddling with the front panel connectors on the motherboard, there were a few moments where the LED inside the power button on the case would illuminate for a second and then fade again (even though the button was not being pressed).
    However, even after unplugging and reconnecting the front panel connectors many times I have not managed since to get the pc to power on at all. The PSU seems fine, and the red LED's on the board are still on at all times when the PSU is on. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks.

CPU: i5-6600k [USED]
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 [USED]
    Motherboard: ASUS Z170i Pro Gaming [USED]
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4GB 2400MHz [NEW]
    SSD: Samsung PM951 256GB (M.2 2280) [USED]
    PSU: Corsair HX620 [USED]
    Case: Fractal Design Core 500 [NEW]

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Daniel Philpott likes this.
  3. Daniel Philpott

Daniel Philpott