Online purchasing Yes/No?

Discussion in 'Tablets, Smartphones, & Mobile Devices' started by Dawud Dustin, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Dawud Dustin

Dawud Dustin

Do you think purchasing online for a used mobile is fine? I've been thinking about this and this question keeps holding me from buying it. I've looked up and decided on buying a mobile but it says that the screen is slightly cracked, should i make this purchase or not?

The mobile i looked for: Samsung Note 4 Used

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
  2. bob

bob

Get refurbished if available and get it from a place like Amazon.com or newegg.com
    I don't know about the cracked screen but it would have to be a really good deal before it would be my choice.
    Used phones may have weak batteries.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. Dawud Dustin

Dawud Dustin

Thank you

4. cmichael258

cmichael258

5. Blaster3

Blaster3

rule of thumb... treat all private transactions, especially on sites like ebay/craigslist, as acceptable losses... ie: you're willing to lose that money & it won't hurt you financially if it goes wrong/bad...

also, i'd never use my physical street address for those type of transactions... get a p.o. box and the post office will generate a "street address" for you to use for delivery purposes...

6. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

Dittos. I've had a PO Box for many, many years and get all mail there for several reasons, the above being one.

7. David M

David M Techphile.

The S5 has a replaceable battery. So no issue if it is weak. I agree with buying from a well known vendor with a good reputation and not an individual on Ebay.