New to Your Site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by The Ancient One, Jan 7, 2018.

1. The Ancient One

The Ancient One

I am always needing help with computers. Kinda slow learner, I guess. But then everything about me has slowed down. Never new a thing about computers until I bought my first one when I retired at age 65 in 1992. I had a computer shop build me one and it had Windows 3.11 for Work Groups and I have had each upgrade since. I consider myself to be technologically impaired. It took me years to feel comfortable working with Win XP but I finally reached that point only to have it no longer useful. My wife's computer had Win 7 and she kept asking me questions about it for which I had no answers. So I finally bought a computer with Win 7 and it didn't take me too long to become comfortable with it. I know that this too will become obsolete but I will continue using it rather than moving on to Win 10, which I do have on a hard drive - just not using it. I know!! Virus, etc. I am well aware of this and feel that in this area I am not technologically impaired.

I don't belong to any social media, don't have a smart phone or even a cell phone, though the phone business is do mostly to the fact that I am hard of hearing and I have to put even the house phone on speaker to hear it. Of course this fairly much eliminates me for using UTube. My eyesight is still okay so if things are printed out and diagrams are shown I can usually following the instructions.

Jon

2. auen1

auen1

Ask away,
    everyone here will try to help you out.