new low budget pc build - compatibility check or recommendations?

Discussion in 'Build Your Own PC' started by Ssap, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Ssap

Ssap

Hi guys, im new here and fairly inexperienced in pc building. I direly need low budget desktop for digital art (clip studio paint/manga studio painting) and i would love to be able to play ME:Andromeda on decent video settings on it

Here's what i have picked

mobo - Gigabyte Z270 HD3P
    CPU - Intel Core i5-7400
    CPU cooloer - SilentiumPC Spartan 3 LT HE1012
    GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 GAMING
    RAM - Patriot Viper4 seires 8GB KIT DDR4 SDRAM 2666Mhz CL15
    HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD 3.5" SATA III, NCQ 64MB cache, 7200ot, ST1000DM010
    Case - Evolveo

it will cost me 651 euro which is roughly budget im expecting to have, i want mobo and CPU to last for a few years and i want double the ram as soon as i would get money for it

would love to hear some input on this

Thanks

2. Jbc223456

Jbc223456

Missing a power supply. Would suggest SeaSonic built unit. Would also recommend switching RAM to corsair vengeance lp and switching the hard drive to a Western Digital Black or HGST.

If you can give us an online retailer that you will be shopping at and your maximum budget, we can come up with a build for you. Unfortunately, the 1050 isn't going to be strong enough to play ME Andromeda at playable frame rates on a 1080p monitor unless you dial the graphics settings down to medium (EA is recommending at the minimum a R9 280). You would more than likely be looking at purchasing a 1060 or AMD equivalent for playable frame rates on HIGH settings.

Ssap likes this.
  3. Ssap

Ssap

Thank you for the input

power supply is part of the case its 500w, i decided on the case as its decent manufacturer and comes with dust filters (i have dog that looses fur everywhere in winter time no matter what) plus power unit

whats listed on evolveo page
    power suply 500W:
    • Standard ATX 2.2, pasivní PFC, účinnost zdroje > 80%
    • silent 12cm fan with speed regulation
    • cables 40cm
    • 4x SATA konektor
    • 20+4 pin conector for motherboard
    • 1x cable for MB 20+4pin
    • 1x cable with 3x MOLEX conector a 1x fd3
    • 1x cable for cpu 4+4pin
    • 1x cable for VGA PCI-E 6pin

im looking at alza.sk which is maybe not the best but they have free shipping if you know of any other retailer that ship free over reasonable sum to Slovakia (europe) ill be happy to check

corsair is 5eur more which can still be plausible (i am still not sure how big the budget will be tho :/)
    why do you recomend WD black over blue or my pick? difference is 20 euro which might be an issue and HDD is one of the places im trying to save up as its one of the easier replaceable parts
    as for the graphic card it seems i have to compromise and stay on 1050 or if budgets allow me maybe ASUS PHOENIX GTX1050TI 4G if the price difference changes untill march

4. David M

David M Techphile.

The WD Black is faster, has a larger cache and has a longer warranty.

Ssap likes this.
  5. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

You do not need an aftermarket CPU cooler - the retail boxed CPU comes with one.

I would recommend Corsair Vengeance ram, Patriot has some quality issues.

Corsair 8 GB KIT DDR4 2400MHz CL14 Vengeance LPX black - System Memory | Alzashop.com

I would not touch a Seagate drive - stick with WD or HGST. If you are on a low budget, a Blue is okay.

WD Blue 1TB 64MB cache - Hard Drive | Alzashop.com

I don't trust the PSU in that case, you would be much better off with a case without PSU and buy a quality PSU. The case you chose is available with no PSU:

EVOLVEO R05 - PC Case | Alzashop.com

Having difficulty finding reasonably priced high quality units at your vendor, this one is excellent, I have one myself:

EVGA SuperNova 750 B2 - PC Power Supply | Alzashop.com

Ssap likes this.
  6. Ssap

Ssap

i was looking at
    Corsair 8 gigabytes KIT DDR4 3000MHz CL15 Vengeance LPX black as its little bit cheaper and have higher frequency (if i understand correctly that higher is better and mobo supports it up to 3800)

ill be swapping HDD according to your advice for WD blue

unfortunately power supply would bump price too much so do i need to look for 750w or 500w would be enough? and is there some brand with reliable powersuply around 40eur budget? i might try to look it up at other vendors

7. glc

Thre motherboard may support 3000, but it will not do you any good because you can't overclock that processor.

I could not find any reliable PSU that I would trust for 40 euro. It is true, you don't need more than 500 watts, but you need quality. This is as low as I'd go:

Fortron Hyper 500 S - PC Power Supply | Alzashop.com

Ssap likes this.
  8. Ssap

Ssap

Did a little changes according to your advices and decided to go for little bit cheaper mobo (as im not gonna overclock and you mentioned that 3000mhz ram wuld not be used to its full potential) but with good audio (idk if that matters, i tend to stream trough obs my art)

mobo - GIGABYTE H270-Gaming 3
    CPU - Intel Core i5-7400
    GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 GAMING
    RAM - Corsair 8 GB KIT DDR4 2400MHz CL14 Vengeance LPX black
    HDD - WD Blue 1,000 GB 64 MB cache
    Power - EVGA 500B
    Case - Zalman Z1 or EVOLVEO T3 Black (not sure which is better but slightly leaning towards T3 because if mobo have fancy light migt as well make it show)

now it costs 656/657 euro

was also considering GIGABYTE H270-HD3 or ASUS PRIME B250-PRO which would allow me some room with other parts money wise

9. glc

That EVGA 500B is not a particularly good PSU and costs a bit more than the Fortron.

Ssap likes this.
  10. Ssap

Ssap

now i know that i will have 850 budget

thing is i need to get monitor for it as well and wifi as i do not have option for lan cable

i was also considering this notebook instead of pc building as i was used to portability before

is the notebook capable of competing with components i choosed or is it way behind? looking at the 960m vs 1050 mainly as procesors seems to be close to each other on benchmarks

also if to continue with build (which im leaning more towards it) what components might i look for upgrade on my list? im thinking to go for 7500 as its not that much difference in price now that i know my budget

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  11. glc

The 7500 is a good upgrade, and I'd also look at a 1050 Ti video card.

12. Ssap

Ssap

13. glc

14. Ssap

Ssap

Thank you for all the advices and typs.

Its here its finished (in the end i had to get it put together by the store) runs Dragon Age Inquisition on ultra, Overwatch with ease as well obviously did not tested Andromeda yet, might want to wait till next moth with this one, went with TP-LINK TL-WN822N it runs stable and will sufice for now.

What it do not run ok is my graphic program with 56+ layesrs, to fix that i need more ram.

Any idea if i can put 2x16 along with 2x4, mobo is dual chanel, or they might somehow clash?

15. Blaster3

Blaster3

i would just replace the 2x4 with the 2x16, also get the same brand/model already suggested

16. Ssap

Ssap

hmm yeah, it will be same brand/model im just curious if it would work or if i can try it without damaging something, 40 gb of ram is kind of tempthing XD also the curiosity, as i cannot find anything about it on the net

17. glc

18. Ssap

Ssap

like it would read them as 8 gig kit? aka 16 in total or you ment mhz part?

19. Blaster3

Blaster3

the mhz part. doubt you'll use more than 16gigs, let alone 32, so just use the 2x16.
    ie: a 2x16 kit will 'perform' better than a 4x8 kit of same mhz

20. glc