New Gaming Goodies from Asus

Discussion in 'Gaming and Benchmarks' started by David M, Jan 11, 2016.

1. David M

David M Techphile.

I read in a computer magazine an interview with an Asus representative that they are coming out with a 35 inch 4K gaming monitor this year and also a 4K projector that can make a screen size of up to 100 inches.

Heck yeah!

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

You ready for a pair of 980 Ti's and a X99 build?

3. pam123

pam123 Computing Professor Staff Member

Don't know about Dave but I've got 4 clients making plans (tax refund time coming up).

4. David M

David M Techphile.

I'm getting closer G. :) I'm debating going up to two Titan X's. Some games are using gobs of video RAM now and I want to push more pixels and higher frame rates in the future. The total amount of video RAM between two cards is not additive. I have read it's the total amount of video RAM available on one card even if you have SLI...true? So, I'm not sure what to do there. I'm really wanting three monitors for running my flight simulator software. I have seen a number of videos of people with three monitors running X-Plane 10 and Microsoft FSX and it is fantastic. It really gives one a sense of flying when ones peripheral view shows the Earth, sky and clouds besides the plane. One video had three curved monitors which covered the entire peripheral view...OMG, amazing!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  5. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

The 980 Ti gives you 98% of the performance of the Titan X. No reason whatsoever to get the Titan X.

Nvidia GTX 980 Ti Review: Titan X performance at a fraction of the price | ExtremeTech

6. David M

David M Techphile.

I understand the almost zero performance difference under normal circumstances. The main difference between the two cards is in the amount of video RAM available, 12 GB versus 6 GB. I do understand that for the vast majority of gaming systems that 6 GB is plenty, but what if one is considering near future games that will be utilizing close to 6 GB combined with running multiple 4K monitors, which also utilize a lot of video RAM. That is why I was considering the Titan. Opinions?

7. Blaster3

Blaster3

by the time those games actually get released, the 980 titans will be in the clearance bin at microcenter, so wait till then to buy one

8. David M

David M Techphile.