Netgear r7500v2 firmware update

Discussion in 'Networking, Internet, Web Applications & The Cloud' started by Ghidrah, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Ghidrah

Ghidrah

After owning the nighthawk nearly a year Netgear alerts to a firmware update. The router is currently running v 1.0.3.4 the new is 1.0.3.16 the fixes are below

[Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where a file cannot be downloaded by ReadyCLOUD because the file name includes the one of the following characters: [ ].
    [Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where www.routerlogin.com cannot be accessed because PPPOE or PPPOA is disconnected.
    [Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where IPv6 does not work properly when the IPv6 WAN is configured as "Auto Config" and the LAN is configured as "DHCP".
    [Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where IPv6 does not work after the firmware is updated from firmware V1.0.2.4 to V1.0.3.4.
    [Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where more than 10 keyword entries cannot be added in the Block Sites page.
    [Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where the PPTP setup fails, which prompts an "Incorrect ISP username and password" message.
    [Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where users cant access the Internet if they are connected to the guest WiFi network and the router is in AP mode.
    [Bug Fix] Fixes the issue where the router might not get an IP address if the DHCP server changes.
    [Bug Fix] Fixes security issues. [Bug Fix] Fixes security issues.
    [Bug Fix] Fixes other bugs.

I can't say I've had issue with any of the specified fixes, the last 2 (vague) fixes IDK, should I install the update or ignore it?

2. Blaster3

Blaster3

never seen update versions go in reverse... are you sure you have 1.0.3.4? or is it something like 1.0.3.04?

3. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

16 is more than 4.

I would upgrade.

4. Blaster3

Blaster3

was thinking decimals... o_O:rolleyes:

5. reggie14

reggie14

Keep in mind, this is the one device on your network that is directly exposed to the Internet. In general, you want those security fixes.

Blaster3 likes this.
  6. Ghidrah

Ghidrah

After reading the responses it finished downloading a minute ago, it sort of freaked me out with all the lights flashing and blacking out for 3 + mins but so far so good. Thanks for the help guys!