Managing privileged access

Discussion in 'Linux OS and Software Assistance' started by Ashanti Esteves, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Ashanti Esteves

Ashanti Esteves

What is an active directory authentication? I want to know about identity services that can centralize authentication for linux. I've read it can help reduce risks and the compliance burden. I want to understand more. Please share your ideas about managing privileged access efficiently.

2. Relievedoptimistic

Relievedoptimistic

Hi. An Active Directory authentication allows users to log in to SGD if they have an account in an Active Directory domain. Active Directory authentication offers users a more secure, faster, and more scalable authentication mechanism than LDAP authentication. By using the Kerberos authentication protocol, SGD can securely authenticate any user against any domain in a forest. I hope this one helps. :)

3. Ashanti Esteves

Ashanti Esteves

Thanks for the response. I have actually made some reading regarding active directory linux and its benefits. The configuration management is very ideal for non window platforms that could be very complex for both the system and the personnel.