Just ordered a gaming mouse, have question probably stupid!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Benchmarks' started by Ghidrah, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Ghidrah

Ghidrah

My 4 yr old Logitech M510 is beginning to fail, the wheel click stopped working for a while, I took it apart thinking I'd see tons a crud, dust and whatever, but it was remarkably clean. I also noticed a sort of jerky movement when sliding the cursor across the screen, (most noticeable and annoying while playing games) it seems to be occurring more often each time I play. I began looking at and comparing gaming mice and selected the Logitech g700s after trying one on at Best Buy. It feels good and is quite close in physical conformation to the M510. And way more buttons.

So here's my question, can one connect and run 2 mice simultaneously on one computer?
    If not is there a reason why a gaming mouse wouldn't be suitable for regular PC duty?

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

A gaming mouse will work fine as a general purpose mouse. You can use both, but they will be fighting each other.

3. Ghidrah

Ghidrah

Out of curiosity would this still be an issue if one mouse is turned off while the other is on?

4. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

How do you plan on turning the mouse off? Just get a new mouse and retire the old one.

5. Ghidrah

Ghidrah

Well both mice have on/off switches. I don't have a problem retiring the m510, my thought was if it was possible to have both connected, I could minimize usage of each and extend the life of both.

6. David M

David M Techphile.

I have had two USB mice plugged in at the same time. I did not experience any problems..... this is not to say that others might have problems. Just put a USB hub on your desk which will make it easy to swap them out if you suspect that you might have problems with two plugged in at the same time.