Is flash player still considered a security risk?

Discussion in 'Online Security' started by Impulse, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Impulse

Impulse

I have a Macbook Pro, I haven't used flash player since I got it in 2013 but I have this banking feature I want to use for online shopping but it requires Flash player.

So what would be the most secure option for using it? I have Safari Browser and I prefer to keep my system as simple and clutter free as possible. Will installing Flash mean that it will be running all the time in the background or have other clutter involved beyond just the times when I use it?

I don't want to install Chrome just because it always has a couple of files running in the background and I don't need anymore telemetry collecting my data than I have to. I was hoping to find a portable OSX browser that has Flash player built in...does such exist?

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

3. Impulse

Impulse

4. Impulse

Impulse

Nope..doesn't work. I even went to a site that tests flash and in Vivaldi it says I don't have it installed. I checked into preferences and selected to alway allow flash and still didn't work.

5. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

6. David M

David M Techphile.

Jobs called Flash "evil". Said Adobe was lazy for not patching the holes. Recommended HTML5 as a replacement. Just a little computer history.