iPad 2nd gen

Discussion in 'Tablets, Smartphones, & Mobile Devices' started by Tommy Larsen, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Tommy Larsen

Tommy Larsen

So yesterday I dropped my iPad on the floor - the screen didn't crack - however it refuses to start. Have any of you experienced this before? It wont turn on, there is nothing displaying, no sounds, nothing?

2. David M

David M Techphile.

Have you tried starting it with the charger plugged in?

There are vendors that will work on them but the cost to repair might be more than you can buy a used replacement.

3. Tommy Larsen

Tommy Larsen

Yes, I have literally tried everything by now.
    That is what I thought - checked the prices on a diagnostics + repair, far too expensive to even consider.

4. David M

David M Techphile.

I'm afraid it might be toast. They are not meant to be user serviceable and even if you did manage to unglue it and diagnose the problem, I don't know where you would get the part, even on Ebay.

5. Tommy Larsen

Tommy Larsen

You are probably right. Too bad - have to look for a new toy for the kids :confused:

6. auen1

auen1

A couple of things to try.
    Just a Google search...

Press the power and home button for 30 seconds. This is supposed to reset the device.

Second thing thing to try is to connect it to your computer and connect to itunes.
    I believe if it will connect to itunes, there is an option to reset the device.
    Might also give you a troubleshooting hint if the screen is bad, (will connect to itunes) or logic board or charging is bad. (Won't connect).

Or try,
    Shine a flashlight at the screen to see if the backlight is broken or turned down.
    If you can see that the ipad is actually on, hit the power button for a few seconds, then use the slider bar, (can see w/ flashlight), to turn it off.
    When you restart, the backlight might work.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  7. auen1

auen1

Look here for repair guides, tools and parts.
    I've worked on iphones before, using the guides and it was pretty easy.
    Parts were not very expensive either.
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi EMC 2415 Repair

8. Tommy Larsen

Tommy Larsen

Thanks mate - will have a look at it shortly :)