Internet not connecting.

Discussion in 'Networking, Internet, Web Applications & The Cloud' started by fadedfury, Apr 5, 2017.

1. fadedfury

fadedfury

Hi guys, I am having a bit of a problem wth my desktop. about 1 week ago i turned on my desktop and it was not connected to the internet. I have an ethernet cable connected directly from the modem. At first i thought it was the cable that had gone awry, so i connected the cable to my laptop and there were no issues and i was able to connect to the internet. I then thought it was my ethernet card that may have short circuited, there had been a couple power outages recently. Even though lights come on the ethernet card. regardless i ordered a new ethernet card and attached it to my pc. And internet is STILL not working on my desktop. I went under device manager and both of my ethernet ports are visible with no exclamation points and seem to be working without a problem. Im at a loss of ideas as to what is going on that my desktop won't connect to the internet. I would appreciate any help you could provide. I built this computer myself about 4 years ago. worked flawlessly until last week.

2. Blaster3

Blaster3

unplug a/c power cord to the router, wait 3 minutes plug it back in and then turn pc on. also clear cache in browser...

3. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Computer specs, please - and brand/model of modem.