I need this

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mbossman2, Sep 12, 2017.

1. mbossman2

mbossman2 I am, in reality, a moose Staff Member

2. Bob338

Bob338

Who can truly drive it? Where can you drive it at those speeds, other than tracks or closed courses? Makes no sense! But I'd sure love to give it a go!

3. David M

David M Techphile.

If you want practical and can be driven anywhere (except offroad) then buy a Honda Civic. If you want fun as hell regardless of cost then this is for you.

Is that the price on the grill? 4.2 million?

Montoya is no longer an F1 driver. It would have been very cool to give the car to Hamilton or Vettel instead. Bottas holds the F1 speed record at 230 MPH for a road course this year in Azerbaijan, 19 MPH slower than this car.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  4. Bob338

Bob338

About the only fun you could have in it would be to get on US50, and maybe do 150mph in a place or two, and maybe briefly approach 200. And at that you could only do it limited times. I'd love to drive it, but spend that much money for a momentary thrill? Too frugal here! YOU buy it, let me drive it once, and I'd be happy!

Still waiting for you, David, to by that Shelby so I can drive it just once!!!

5. Bob338

Bob338

Did you hear about those two guys testing a Charger on airport runways in Denver? They're no longer amongst the living!!

6. David M

David M Techphile.

If one can afford a Veyron, they sure as hell can afford to buy some track time.

Did they die with or without air traffic on the same runway at the same time?

I'm still thinking about that Superformance Shelby Cobra replica....retirement is not far from now. Late this year or early next year. :) My wife and I are still trying to decide where to move to. Moving from California is a no-brainer choice.

7. Bob338

Bob338

8. mbossman2

mbossman2 I am, in reality, a moose Staff Member

this is £2 million ($2.64 million).

I'll be starting a gofundme page.

:cool:

9. Blaster3

Blaster3

it's true what they say, "the elderly revert back to infancy"... the car had nothing to do with it, they could've been in a prius traveling at 100mph, they just couldn't 'see' the end of the runway was fast approaching... might have something to do with their old age, diminished vision & diminished reflex motor response...

10. bob

bob

Na they thought it was an airplane.

11. bob

bob

Count me in for $5. [Please do not edit the amount :D]

12. Blaster3

Blaster3

they could've just watched thelma & louise, nodded off, awoke but thought they were just dreaming... wife refers to it as 'a senior moment'...

13. rwest

rwest

There might be a few more fun things to do...

Bob338 likes this.
  14. Bob338

Bob338

That Bieber kid tried that in Miami Beach a few years back and got himself thrown in the pokey! Think he was in a "cheap" Lamborghini though. LOL!

15. bob

bob

When I was in school I had to drive 30mi on a N California freeway. Few were on it at the time. I knew the cops had to not rely on radar alone so I slowed before the few on and off ramps.
    I went 85 in a 55 and the cop (just one in the area) tried to get me at least once a week. He would come at my rear at speeds that made me think I was still. I spotted him every time in the rear view.
    I would jam it in third or second gear and use the clutch to slow without setting off the brake lights.
    Well it took him almost a year but somehow he got me.
    I have never seen a cop smile so much as he wrote the ticket.
    Went to traffic school (back in the 80's) people were clearing DUI's there. :)

16. David M

David M Techphile.

Instead they should have hit the brakes, spoilers and reverse thrusters before reaching V1. :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 10:28 AM
  17. David M

David M Techphile.

Remember the ending of Thelma and Louise? What if these guys decided to end it in style by mashing the gas pedal of a 700 horsepower car and intentionally driving off the end of the runway?

18. bob

bob

Oblio you actually have a point there.... hmmm :)