Hola Guys!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Chris Madsen, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Chris Madsen

Chris Madsen

Hey guys, my name is Chris! Nice to be here - I am a semi-hard-core gamer and a hardware enthusiast, I love building my own PCs and write hardware guides and reviews online.

If anyone ever has any questions etc, please feel free to shout out. Cheers!

2. EzyStvy

EzyStvy Computing Professor Staff Member

Welcome to the site:)

3. Chris Madsen

Chris Madsen

Thank you kind sir!

4. MaxRat

MaxRat Tweak Monster Staff Member

Chris welcome to the site.

Please take time to read the rules of the site. I have removed your Signature twice now as Advertising your site is NOT allowed via the rules. This is a Permanent Ban offence in case you have not gotten the attached warnings. Thank you for your time and enjoy the site.

5. Chris Madsen

Chris Madsen

Thanks for the warning MaxRat, I wasn't aware of this. I was however advertising my site via my signature. Is it against the rules in any case whatsoever or only for new members? It's a big incentive to build a brand around a community by participating in it.

6. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

No biggie, Chris - but I do need to refer you to the forum rules:

Terms of Service and Rules | PCMech Community Forum

Please look at rule #7. At this time, we do not have any program for approved vendors or advertisers. I've given the site owner a heads up to see what he thinks.

7. Chris Madsen

Chris Madsen

Thanks glc, because signatures and all are big incentives for people who wish to build their brands in any community.

Also, I did read the rules and they say, "Members are not allowed to make posts with the sole purpose of advertising their own or another website" - I would underline 'sole' here and think that there is certainly room for signatures etc for people who actually contribute.

Regardless though, I appreciate the headsup, cheers!

8. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Chris, I have sent you a private message - let's continue this discussion that way. Thanks!

9. venting

venting

hey chris, new here too! nice to meet you!