Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming and Benchmarks' started by David M, Nov 28, 2015.

1. David M

David M Techphile.

I have been playing this game. Anyone else?

It has a few bugs which is to be expected for a very complex brand new game. I cannot get inside the control room at Fort Hagen because of a bug. I like the dog (Dogmeat) that follows me around. Makes me want a German shepherd.

I find the game very addictive. Just got to level 11.

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

My grandson is complaining that it's stuttering - he has an i7-3770K, 16g ram, and a GTX 960. With those specs he should be able to run it in Med or High at 1080p.

3. David M

David M Techphile.

I agree, he should. I have two 6990's and I cannot run it on my monitors native resolution of 2560 x 1600. I have to reduce the resolution to 1080. I am reading a lot of complaints on the internet about stuttering and the game crashing, or not being able to start it. Bethesda seems to have a lot of work to do to make things right.

4. David M

David M Techphile.

Is anyone else having problems with the game crashing at launch? I can't even play the game anymore. Hisss Boooo Bethesda! It was fun as hell while it lasted.

As suggested by a few websites on the internet, I have tried launching it in border mode/borderless mode, reducing the resolution and tried launching it as the Administrator.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Could it be that my graphics cards are old? Other than having a single monitor now and having a 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, my system specs are still the same and listed in my signature.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  5. Jbc223456

Jbc223456

My friend just built a PC specifically for Fallout 4 (his old desktop was about 5 years old), and is using an i7-4790K with GTX 980 Ti. He hasn't had any problems with the game whatsoever. When the game crashes, are you getting any type of error log? You could take a look in your Event Viewer. You will probably want to look under Windows Logs -> Application. See if you get any information there.

6. David M

David M Techphile.

Thanks...I will give that a try. It really does not crash much. It just won't start anymore without going way back in time to earlier saves....which takes the fun out of the game when you have to do things over again.

Is there some sort of log or event viewer for software that will not start?