Email message

Discussion in 'Software Discussion & Support' started by Shiron14, May 17, 2017.

1. Shiron14

Shiron14

I am using Windows Live Mail (and am well pleased)My problem is :
    The sound "new mail" works fine HOWEVER there are times when the sound plays but
    there isn't any mail received. All folders are blank. Any ideas, please.
    Thanks for any help.
    Ron

2. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

Have you considered any other e-mail servers to try like Yahoo, gmail, all free, etc., or a ton of others? Just asking. In my very humble opinion, and with all due respect, I wouldn't use anything like this. You say you are well pleased yet you're not or you wouldn't be asking for help. Chunk this stuff and get a real email client.

3. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Windows Live Mail *IS* a real email client, compatible with all email services that use POP3 and IMAP. It replaced Outlook Express.

4. Blaster3

Blaster3

would that be the same yahoo that divulged everyone's id's & passwords o_O

SARGE likes this.
  5. glc

I used my admin power to determine that the original poster is using an ISP email account. Traditionally, one would use an email client such as Windows Live Mail or Thunderbird to manage that account. However, they should also have webmail available.

6. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

I didn't know anyone still used what we called around here Outhouse. I wouldn't even know how to use Live Mail or how to find it on my PC. Might be interesting though...

7. glc

8. Blaster3

Blaster3

i liked office outlook '03, scheduling with it's calender/notes/tasks/email/contacts/folder lists/shortcuts, follow ups with many different flag colors & reminders/creating rules, all were simple and worked well...

9. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

Looks like you have to have all those web-based email accounts first, then provide your passwords to them just so this app can check your email. That's condensing everything to me and I prefer keeping everything separate. Looks like a way for Windows to intrude and snoop even more. I was born at night but not last night.

10. glc

No, it will work with any POP3 or IMAP email account - your ISP, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. It does not work with webmail. You are not providing your passwords to anything you aren't already doing so. It works the same as any other email client - Thunderbird, whatever.

11. glc

Let's get back on topic. Anyone have an answer to the original post? I don't.

12. Blaster3

Blaster3

Email notifications