Do You Really Want Those Greasy Fries?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SARGE, Sep 8, 2017.

1. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

Or that cheesy pizza? Both will kill you. But not all at once because it's a process then one day it hits. The few times since my surgery I ordered both and looked at my fingers, all greasy and knew what was happening inside but I had to see just one more time. The pics are of my little brother and me after his quadruple bypass and my triple right after him. Our other brother didn't get a second chance, having died of a heart attack 6 months prior. Weird, my brother and me walking around with 7 clogged arteries amongst us but lived. Our brother only had one, the widow maker. My parents almost lost all 3 sons to heart disease. Maybe this will help someone. Take a good look at the scars and imagine your own ticker underneath.....

Attached Files:

2. David M

David M Techphile.

Thinly sliced potato strips can be baked, not fried. In moderation, that is not going to kill you. One might as well also be drinking through lead pipe if they are going to have a deep fryer in the house. Yeah I know, deep frying is a big part of Southern cooking.

Deep frying though is causing obesity which is leading to diabetes, heart disease and all kinds of nasty things. People in this country could save hundreds of billions of dollars in health care costs just by changing their diets alone.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  3. Bob338

Bob338

Don't like the grease in them, even my favorites from In-N-Out hamburgers. I just read something about the well toasted fries that they develop a compound that is very unhealthful. Always got the extra-extra well done fries with my weekly burger, but I've been passing even on them, going to back Yukon Gold potatoes and slicing them with nothing added but salt. Or scalloped potatoes. Potatoes (and yams) are good for you!

4. Impulse

Impulse

Changing something can be said for nearly every negatively perceived aspect in life. Political issues?..change something. Starving children?...change something. Income not high enough?..change something. Most all common occurrences of death are always a leading cause from something. Always a shame when a fat unhealthy person outlives so many healthier friends or people they went to school with. Something will kill you at any given second in life...so why not let those people live it happily?

Blaster3 likes this.
  5. Bob338

Bob338

Everybody's gotta die of something!!

6. Blaster3

Blaster3

simply put, some people are naive enough to believe they will save money & have a better life, if others will change...

7. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

That's smart. A couple of folks high on drugs(or not) sit down on a freeway and eat their Big Mac ??

8. bob

bob

Or on a dirt road and eating grits.

SARGE likes this.
  9. Blaster3

Blaster3

maybe they should ban big macs & freeways...

10. David M

David M Techphile.

Obviously everyone is eventually going to die so I might as well be reckless and irresponsible with my life. One might as well say let's drop this baby off the roof because it is eventually going to die anyway. So, using that kind of reasoning, one would be justified in dropping the baby off the roof. I hear all the time about babies that survived this, so it must be okay. Do you see the illogic? The issue is not that we are going to die but how soon are we going to die.

Because there are always exceptions to what normally happens. One could be that one out of ten people that is 100 pounds overweight that lives to be older than the average person dies. But if one was at a healthy weight one could on average live to be an average age. Which is better statistically if one wants to live longer? Statistics matter. It is how much of science and the entire insurance industry functions.

If one is overweight, eats junk food, does not exercise, smokes, has diabetes, takes illegal drugs etc, then yes, they could outlive most people. But the chances of them doing that are far less.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    SARGE likes this.
  11. quartet-man

quartet-man Saved by grace

12. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

We're all organic material which means we ain't getting out of here alive, at least in this form. I've proven to myself many times past 5 years about "eating right" and how much better I feel physically, is really good, then do a simple oops on a weekend with a pizza or burger and fries and physically feel like crap rest of the day. But it sure tasted good for the few minutes which doesn't balance out. If you can ever make yourself eat "right" for a week then go back and eat that stuff you'll see what I mean. I screw up all the time with pastas and buttery garlic toast, loaded burgers and cheese fries, etc., just to prove my point......

Petef56 likes this.
  13. David M

David M Techphile.

I do to Sarge. It's too bad that in general the crap food tastes the best. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but as far as I am concerned bacon tastes a hell of a lot better than kale.

rwest likes this.