Desktop Or Laptop..?

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by olivia900, Jul 12, 2017.

1. olivia900

olivia900

which on do you prefer desktop or laptop.?

2. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

Desktop since I build my own with parts I can choose. I can see the usefulness of a laptop if someone wants to sit in a recliner and watch TV while using it or if they suck off free Wi Fi at Whole Foods, etc. I literally gave away 2 pretty good laptops I'd bought and rarely used.

3. Bob338

Bob338

Always desktop. Use laptops only for travel.

4. sdkfz

sdkfz

Might as well ask if you prefer a two seat sports car or a beat up pick up. When you have a load of manure to haul the sports car just will not cut it, when you need long term use with better cooling and the ability to upgrade a tower is your choice. Similar points can be made for the sports car and the lap top, both are more useful in certain conditions.

Bob338 likes this.
  5. bob

bob

A laptop is fine for YouTube and travel - a cheap one will do.
    If you want a real computer get a desktop.
    Then there are the smartphones.

6. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Desktop when I'm home, laptop when I'm not.

7. Impulse

Impulse

I use a high end desktop for gaming only. A high end laptop for everything else. I hate cheap stuff and I don't like being constrained to a desk or forced to hermit myself from others just to use a desktop for general productivity or consumption. I also have a 10" tablet but I tend to use it more for reading news while I'm eating at the kitchen table or reading e-books/mags. Phones are too small for me to read comfortably, even an 7 inch tablet isn't exactly an enjoyable reading experience for me but I'll use it at work when I'm bored.

8. David M

David M Techphile.

It depends on your needs. There is not one right answer for everyone. Some people for example want to be able to play more complex games while away from home.

I use a desktop at home. I have an Apple tablet I used to travel with but it has been replaced when away from home by my smartphone.

lisabrown69 likes this.
  9. lisabrown69

lisabrown69

I completely agree with this! There really is no right answer for this. It all comes down to, what your needs/preferences are. A laptop/notebook/tablet is great for traveling, and while on the go, whereas a desktop is great for bigger tasks and work. The choice is yours and only your needs can dictate whatever solution is the perfect for you.

10. bob

bob

That's why I have all 3. ;)

lisabrown69 likes this.
  11. Dankuk

Dankuk

It depends. There's no point in buying a desktop if you are moving around a lot, and there's no point in buying a laptop if you always stay at home. Laptops tend to be smaller and cheaper, so I would recommend a laptop, since it is mobile and can stay in the same place. However, if you are a gamer, and would like to play games on a good big screen, I would recommend a desktop. :)

12. Cazares

Cazares

Desktop for me. I've never had a laptop last longer than a year. i've been through tons of them.

13. lisabrown69

lisabrown69

What laptops have you been using? Might have been the cheap ones then (or maybe you've been visiting the wrong places ;)). My laptop has served me for the past 6 years and still going strong.

14. Terry Watkins

Terry Watkins

15. David M

David M Techphile.