Computer for Photoshop, Illustrator, Some Video Production. Budget $1800

Discussion in 'Build Your Own PC' started by ek378996, Sep 3, 2017.

1. David M

David M Techphile.

Why has nobody invented a radiator that takes air from outside the case and immediately returns it back outside the case? Has nobody thought about the increased thermal efficiency of doing this?

Khalil likes this.
  2. Blaster3

Blaster3

there are externally mounted radiators for that very reason/concept

3. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Yes, but those aren't closed loop factory sealed systems.

4. ek378996

ek378996

I'm going to return the system. I just asked deep cool if they'll take it back without the boxing. Any recommendation on one I should get?

5. ek378996

ek378996

I did this and it seems to be running a lot cooler. Looking for the software to see the heat but can't find it on asus. Only utility is a raid utility.

6. Jbc223456

Jbc223456

I've commonly used HWMonitor to monitor motherboard, cpu, and gpu temperatures.

I'm going to have to say, I don't think you're going to have too much of a problem with heat, even with the radiator mounted in the front as long as you have a fan mounted at the top and rear that is exhausting air. The current rig in my signature uses the Corsair Spec Alpha case, which only supports a 240mm rad in the front. I had to move from my old 750D because the front facade broke off and left me with an eyesore. I run games, video encoding, and a development environment building projects and I've only noticed a 1-2°C difference since moving my radiator from the top exhausting out to the front bringing air in. And that's only when I'm doing multiple things at once (a game on one monitor while building a solution with about 120 projects in Visual Studio and maybe 10 browser tabs and youtube open on a second monitor).

If it's working for you now and you're not seeing any temperature problems, I think you'll be fine.

7. ek378996

ek378996

I think I'm going to leave it alone , like JBC says. Does it matter if I mount the ram in the black or silver spots? I have 2 sticks of 8gb each? I've read it can affect it depending on what position it's in..

8. Jbc223456

Jbc223456

ek378996 likes this.
  9. ek378996

ek378996

Great, Thanks! I have them in the wrong spots then. I have them in a1, b1. Now that I'm tweaking the machine, I'm getting a fan error at boot, something about plugging into the head. Here is a diagram of how I have my fans setup. Is this correct?

[​IMG]

Green: CPU/PUMP (aio_pump)
    Yellow: front watercooler brick ( Holding 5 fans. Watercooler fans and 2 front fans. All blowing in) The watercooler is mounted on the inside of the chassis with fans blowing in. Then I have 2 fans outside chassis, under the front plate ,mounted in front of 2 of the water cooler fans, also blowing in. So the watercooler fans are pulling and the other 2 are pushing. (cpu_fan)

Purple: back fan blowing out (cha_fan1).

I'm sill going to order a large fan for the top blowing out, which I assume gets the last cha_fan2 spot?

I have a feeling I messed this up somewhere.

10. glc

Only the radiator fans should be on the CPU_FAN header. All case fans should be on CHA_FAN headers or connected to the PSU with molex adapters or by using a fan bus.

If you return the Deepcool, I'd recommend you get the Noctua air cooler you listed in your first post. The case you chose is just not really set up well for water cooling.

11. ek378996

ek378996

OK, I'm keeping the watercooler, I don't have the box and they won't take it back without a big fee. It's mounted in there nice and the temp is staying at 41 so i'm ok with that, right? Also, The watercooler came with a 4 fan block. Three of the spots are black, for the 3 fans I'm assuming, the 4th is white for some reason? So should I plug the 3 cooling fans into that, then into the cpu_fan? Then move the other 2 two to a cha_fan with a 2/1 splitter I have?

12. David M

David M Techphile.

Could a factory closed loop cooling system be mounted completely outside of a case?...where no hot air from the computer flows into or out of it? (All it gets is the ambient air temp from outside of the case and the inside of the case gets none of the radiators hot air.)

13. glc

Correct.

14. Blaster3

Blaster3

anything is possible, you just need to cut(mod) the case so that you can route the hoses through it ( ie: a notch in side cover or top of case) or perhaps your case has the rear frame bolted on, then all you'd need to do is remove the frame rail, then re-install afterwards...

15. SpencerC

SpencerC

Fractal Design's Define C is capable of so much more than the Masterbox, which kind of makes me sad in a way because Coolermaster used to make really good cases...

16. glc

Nothing wrong with that Corsair 760T he was looking at either.