Adobe Acrobat

Discussion in 'Software Discussion & Support' started by redvette, Apr 19, 2017.

1. redvette

redvette

Hi Gang

Being it is so hard to find a safe place to download programs today I thought I would ask some of you what is a good place to download a free or trial version of Adobe Acrobat.....

Thanx....Gunny

2. reggie14

reggie14

What's wrong with just downloading it directly from Adobe: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

Do you need the full version to create PDFs, or just the reader to view them? The reader is free (at the link above), but you can get a 7-day trial of Adobe Acrobat Pro here.

3. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Why do you want Acrobat - you want to create a PDF? If that's all it's for, I'd recommend CutePDF, it installs as a printer driver. To convert anything to PDF, just print it out of whatever app it's in and choose CutePDF as the printer. It's free.

CutePDF :: Product :: CutePDF Writer

Make sure you download and install the Ghostscript converter from the link on that page, then install CutePDF.

Adobe Reader is free, Acrobat is not.

As far as Reader goes, I won't install the DC version, I'm sticking with XI (11.0.10, then update within the program to 11.0.20). This link looks the same as Reggie's, but it's not.

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions

4. reggie14

reggie14

Not sure about the concerns with Acrobat DC (the cloud features are optional), though the interface changed a bit.

In any event, Acrobat XI still receives security updates, so that's basically equally safe to use.

5. redvette

redvette

HI All

I am doing this for a friend and she is very scared of these downloads.... She is paranoid about getting bugs... She is being sent some forms to be getting her money back from a cancelled trip and it is telling her she needs Adobe Acrobat 6.0 or better... I asked her what kind of a file it was but she has not gotten back to me yet on that...

Thanx.,....Gunny

6. robrpb

robrpb

I use the Adobe Reader 11 that glc references with no problems.

7. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

I'm thinking they mean (Acrobat) Reader 6.0 or better - 11 supports fillable forms and can be downloaded direct from Adobe at my link, be sure to UNCHECK the optional downloads.

8. redvette

redvette

Hi GLC

You are probably right I was copying just what she told me....

Thanx....Gunny