5 Podcasts to Listen to This Month

Discussion in 'MammaTech' started by MammaTech Annie, May 15, 2017.

1. MammaTech Annie

MammaTech Annie Staff Member

2. Petef56

Petef56

I get most of my audio or video content from youtube, but I also use shoutcast.com and tunein.com for "talk" type content. I really don't think of any of these as "podcasts" but effectively, that's what they are if it's audio on demand.

Annie, my question to you, is not so much what your favorite podcast are, but rather how do you find them?
    It there an index or search engine for podcasts anywhere?

-pete-

3. MammaTech Annie

MammaTech Annie Staff Member

Hey Pete! Honestly, I have been relying on recommendations. I started with S-Town because I heard so many people talking about it, which got me into Serial. Since I do a lot of the promotional work for MammaTech and other sites, I follow a lot of entrepreneurs on social media, which is where I found out about Self-Made Man and She Creates Business... So, kind of a boring way of discovering shows, but so far it has worked well! I'm almost finished with Serial season 2, so I will have to check out the sites you mentioned for more shows! Have you ever used iTunes or Spotify to find podcasts to listen to?

4. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

I like lots of talk radio and can my find my favorite hosts and listen to them as they are saved on their sites.

5. Petef56

Petef56

iTunes used to have a great amount of Talk Radio stations to listen to, but a couple of years ago they stopped offering those. That's when I switched to Shoutcast & TuneIn for my online talk shows. Problem is, there are so many Talk shows to choose from and it takes too much time exploring each one for content that might be interesting. That's why I use youtube more frequently. With youtube I can find the content I'm most interested in more efficiently.

The advantage of using services such as Shoutcast or TuneIn for talk shows is that they play constantly like a radio and once you tune in one particular show it just plays all day until you stop it.

--pete--

6. Petef56

Petef56

Sarge, my favorite radio Talk Show is from NJ FM radio station 101.5 "The Dennis & Judi show". They cover all kinds of current interesting topics in humorous and sometimes politically INCORRECT fashion. Extremely funny stuff. Even after searching ShoutCast and TuneIn, I've never found another talk show that's as good as Dennis & Judi. They just have that rare chemistry together that makes for a great show.

Dennis & Judi Show streams Mon-Fri from 10am to 2pm ET
    Give it a try and LIKE this post if you agree. :)
    New Jersey 101.5 – Proud to be New Jersey – New Jersey News Radio

-pete-

7. David M

David M Techphile.

I listen to a bunch of podcasts but this is my favorite...
    This Week in Computer Hardware | TWiT.TV
    Two guys discuss computer hardware. It's not just about PC's.

My other favorites...
    Podcasts | Clark Howard
    Great consumer advice.

Home Theater Geeks | TWiT.TV
    Excellent audio/visual advice/info

Car Talk
    Two funny guys who talk about cars and provide solutions to problems

Freakonomics - The hidden side of everything
    It's about economics, but not boring at all. Very entertaining.

TWiT | Netcasts you love from people you trust | TWiT.TV
    A weekly panel of tech geeks who discuss technology.

The Tech Guy | with Leo Laporte
    Technology talk and solutions to people's problems

FREE! 'The Savage Nation' Podcasts With NO Commercial Breaks!!!
    Right wing discussion. Very intelligent man.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Petef56 likes this.
  8. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

You do know how podcasts work, right? All you have to do is find your favorite broadcaster and if they're worth a hoot will have a website that archives their broadcasts and you can click on whatever day you missed or click on the entire archive.