Wireless Connection Issues....

Discussion in 'Online Security' started by xExDiesel, Jul 18, 2009.

1. xExDiesel

xExDiesel

Ok, my D-Link WDA-2320 used to work fine with my old rig (P4, running XP), but since switching it over to my new system running Windows7 RC1 64bit, it will not connect to my router, which is a D-Link DGL-4800 router. System shows the device is functioning properly, it just won't connect. I have the latest drivers for Windows 7 installed, and I thought I would also point out that the included D-Link software will not install.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also want to point out that my tech level is pretty low. Thanks

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

There are no drivers for Win7 - but the drivers for Vista 64 *should* work. However, the software is incompatible and WPS is not supported. What that means to you is you must use the Windows utility to connect, and you must match the router's encryption exactly.

3. xExDiesel

xExDiesel

I have the Vista64 drivers, still nothing(I thought I had Win7 drivers, but it was the same as the Vista drivers just in another folder lable Win7:) ).

After reading most Win7/WDA-2320 users had no issues using the windows utility drivers, I uninstalled the Dlink software and tried again, and still nothing. Maybe I'm not using the utility right, doesn't it default to the win app when I try to connect to the network? I can see my network and my neighbors, but it fails to connect on each attempt.

4. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Match the encryption type and key EXACTLY.

5. xExDiesel

xExDiesel

Sorry to sound like an idiot, but I'm lost. Can you elaborate or point me in the right to direction to find a guide of sorts. I'm been trying to google it, but nothing's come up that has really helped.

6. xExDiesel

xExDiesel

I also noticed that windows set up a "virtual network adapter", I don't have any idea what this is. I never had one on my old system.

7. xExDiesel

xExDiesel

Ok, I got what you mean by encryption, I think, I disabled the security on my routers connection, and viola, it connected. Now to get the security back up.

Thanks for the help.