wired and wireless mouse on the same pc

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Bullfrog2099, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Bullfrog2099

Bullfrog2099

Hey guys , I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever setup their pc to run both a wireless and wired mouse on the same computer at the same time? I got a wireless logitech already but I was wondering if I could somehow switch between wired and wireless (without unplugging and switching)? Reason for my madness is because the wireless mouse sucks for gaming but the wired mx510 is awesome. Is it possible or is there a better way to do this?

2. KoMoDo

KoMoDo

cant think of an adapter you can plug in... sorry,
    but i do know that, my wireless mouse is just awesome for gaming.. i bought the logitech mx dou for 72$(that includes shipping) off newegg, about 8 months ago, and i just love it, the keyboard and mouse are just awesome! the mouse is MX500 if im not mistaken, and i pretty much dominate most games i play :p sounds very strange, what are you using? try getting used to it or something, took me around 2 hours to get used to both, like an hour and a half for mouse and half an hour for the keyboard, but its not like i was frustrated, i could still play when i got them, i just wanted to get the hang of them better.

hope that helped...

KoMoDo

3. Bullfrog2099

Bullfrog2099

Well at the moment , im using an old school logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. Its probably the first of its kind. But I wanted to get the mx510 for gaming and just keep my old mouse for browsing. I was hoping there would be a way to switch between the two without having to go behind my pc and switching them. But I dont know if an xp operating system can do that. But who knows , if I cant do that then maybe it would be more logical to go with a wireless logitech , no pun intended. But I really heard lots of good things about the mx510 , I dont know how much better it is compared to the mx500. But for gaming , Im real picky on precision accuracy and dont like the extra load of batteries for wireless and so thats why I wondering if you could somehow do both.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  4. discodanman45

discodanman45

you should be able to do this quite easily if one of the mice is connected through the USB port.

5. KoMoDo

KoMoDo

just wondering, not that im gonna do it.. how can you do it if one is thru PS/2 and one is thru usb ?

10x,

KoMoDo

6. mb26

mb26

i guesss its not possible to just plug both in and whichever u move will work.. like on laptop where u can use both mouse or touchpad? or any software or settings to allow you to do that

7. KoMoDo

KoMoDo

ya, i know about the laptop thing, not sure if it will work on a regular desktop PC or not, cant try that one yet, since i have to rebuild comp and stuff...

8. jeoL

jeoL

i've used a PS/2 mouse and USB mouse on the same machine at the same time before

9. Bullfrog2099

Bullfrog2099

What operating system were you using ? Does windows allow you to use both at the same time , How does that work exactly or how do you set it up after you plug both in at the same time? Also , when you have them both hooked up , do both move on the screen at the same time or is it whatever mouse you move , thats the one you see move on screen?