windows xp password

Discussion in 'Windows Legacy Support (XP and earlier)' started by Airmack, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airmack

Airmack

So my friend set up his new pc (first time) not when it starts it wants a password and he says he never put one in... So how can I get his log in password or by pass it?

2. doctorgonzo

doctorgonzo Professional gadfly

If it is asking for an Admin password, and he didn't put one in, try leaving it blank.

3. Airmack

Airmack

well its his user name and it wants his password. The password is not blank because it will only let you click on if you type in the password field.

I have redhat8 and 9 boot dicsks. i did hear a wile back that you can get in by using that.

4. Confused

Confused

Don't take this personal as I'm sure you are on the up and up, but the simple fact is that we don't discuss hacking passwords here.
    Chas

5. Airmack

Airmack

so fixing a comp for a friend is hacking? so much for help and support.

6. Panama Red

Panama Red If I'm not here, I may be cruisin'! Staff Member

No one is accusing you of anything. It's just that if someone were to pass on the info you asked for, it would be in violation of the Forum FAQ's. Someone else could read the same info and use it for less than "help and support". Theoretically, they could "break into" someone else's computer without authorization. Hope you understand the circumstances. No one here is trying to be a bad guy.

7. ghost2003

ghost2003 Lest we forget

Never used a password in XP but is there a cancel button? Works in other versions. If he just installed windows maybe he can just reinstall.

8. colecifer

colecifer

well i see no harm in posting this as it isn't really hacking. If you restart and hit F8 after post, it will boot into safe mode. Then log into the administrator account. It should have no password. Then if you go to control panel then users there is some option to remove passwords. Can't quite remember it not but its there. If this isn't appropriate i'm sorry. But i figure if it is built into windows it isn't really hacking.

9. tacoeater

tacoeater

I really don't know that much about XP yet but it can't hurt to try this experiment.
    if there is no administrative password (start in safe mode and click administrator) try this Microsoft link: (towards the middle of the page is something interesting)

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;enus;321305

10. Airmack

Airmack

there is no cancel button.. its ok or shutdown.

ill try the safe mod issue

11. morriswindgate

morriswindgate Banned

I had this happen on an older AMD 751 based computer, ended up having to do a reload to get rid of it. And I know for a fact that I did not put in a password. Also when this happened the computer would go to the old Safe to Shutsown screen instead of turnning off. Don't know if this is related, but I reinstall and both problems went away.

12. Airmack

Airmack

tring to avoid a reinstall.

13. It_Boyz

It_Boyz

how do i reset the password on 2000 is there software to recover it

14. It_Boyz

It_Boyz

or any free software to recover passwords for 2000

15. Statica

Statica

It_Boyz:
    We do not allow information requests about bypassing security on this board, simply because we have no way of knowing the purpose/usage. Please read the forum FAQ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.