Windows Live Mail question

Discussion in 'Networking, Internet, Web Applications & The Cloud' started by mike12, Feb 19, 2010.

1. mike12

mike12

I am setting up The Windows Live Mail program in Windows 7. Normally in other programs like Outlook Express. Outlook, and even Windows Mail that was in Vista, I could send myself a message, and in about three seconds it would appear in my INBOX . But now the message never appears in the INBOX until I close the program and come back in. I also don't see any settings to check for new messages every so often etc. Thanks, Mike

2. mike12

mike12

Added info....it seems like I am missing a toolbar at the top or something. There are very little controls.

3. mike12

mike12

I found the icon at the top to add the menu toolbar. But I am still looking for the send/receive button, so I get the message I sent to myself, back immediately. If I wait for the default etc. it does come back. I will keep looking.

4. cheftech

cheftech

The Sync button is send recieve.

5. mike12

mike12

cheftech...Thanks !! I feel pretty stupid

6. mike12

mike12

OK, another stupid question. When I was using the regular Microsoft Outlook 2003 mail program, there were options to increase the size / font of the headings / columns including the categories like INBOX, OUTBOX, SENT, DELETED, etc . I can not find any place to do the same in Windows Live Mail. I am sure it is there somewhere. All the other screens in Windows 7 seem pretty clear and sharp, but when I open up Live Mail, the screen is not as clear or sharp. Any help here again. Thanks, Mike

7. mike12

mike12

Update .... I am just going to go back and use Outlook for my mail program. I like the appearance of it, and the screen for some reason seems much clearer and sharper the Windows Live Mail. Mike