Wii Specs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nebbers, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Nebbers

Nebbers

Does anyone know the tech specs for the Nintendo Wii, I have heard everything from a dual core 2.5GHz with a X1600 equivolent, which has to B.S, to a 1GHz single core with a X300 euqivolent, which seems more realistic, anyone got an idea as to what the Wii is packing?

2. ME-GEEKGIRL

ME-GEEKGIRL

Nintendo itself has released few technical details regarding the Wii system, but some key facts have leaked from the press.[1][36] Though none of these reports have been officially confirmed, most point to the Wii as basically being an extension or advancement of the previous Nintendo GameCube architecture.

click on the below link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Technical_specifications

3. Floppyman

Floppyman PCMech Owner Staff Member

The beauty of the Wii is that it doesn't need to be packing fancy hardware like the Xbox 360 or PS3 to impress with graphics -- it's more about the whole new gaming experience. That's what has really impressed me with the Wii, I'm thinking about getting one.

4. ME-GEEKGIRL

ME-GEEKGIRL

I waiting in line for 12 hours at a local Walmart for our Wii, was an xmas gift for my kid. It was worth the wait indeed :D
    He purchase Zelda Twilight Princess and he likes it very much

5. HAL9000

HAL9000

Dang things still aren't available around here... I can't be bothered waiting in line.. when they're in stock and I can pick it up without fighting a mob, then I'll get one.

6. Floppyman

Floppyman PCMech Owner Staff Member

Me too. I'm hoping by this summer things will be different. I'm really not much into consoles anymore (I haven't one since the Super Nintendo came out), but after playing with a friend's Wii over Christmas break, I'm hooked -- again not so much on the graphics than on the new style of gameplay.

7. HAL9000

HAL9000

Well I have a 12 year old daughter.. she'll get a lot of use out of it.... and I admit, just from the control point of view, I want to play too.

I hate sellout situations... I got totally hosed on the DDR Mario Mix because it's discontinued and not available anywhere in Canada... I had to order from the US and ship to a friend to have her ship to me as apparently, merchants cannot ship video games across the boarder.

8. Nebbers

Nebbers

www.ebgames.com has Wii's in stock in two bundles, both are good and come with alot of stuff that you would end up buying anyway, they come with three or four games, a 1 GB memory card and an extra controller, maybe something else too, I forget, you can order stuff online and not have to fight mobs.

9. Nebbers

Nebbers

I am definatly going to get one!

10. RJ

RJ

11. HAL9000

HAL9000

That seems pretty pricey there even with the extras in the bundles... I'll wait.

12. Tin

Tin Stereo junkie

Just North of Fort Pontchartrain du Détroit
    I love Wii. A friend of mine has it and he gets a few people together for some Wii Sports and Wario Ware every now and then. I really want one myself, but Im not fighting my way through a raging crowd of soccer moms.

13. freakitchen

freakitchen Computing Professor Staff Member

Friend of mine exchanged his XBox 360 for one, and I have to say it was a good decision. I'm not a console person myself, but playing Wii sports with your mates is good fun. I hope Nintendo does really well out of this console - it's where the genre should be heading in my opinion, as opposed to fitting high powered hardware into small cases that can't deal with the heat produced. How many people build gaming systems in shuttle cases??

FK