Why aren't my other programs are not saving in my HD D Drive

Discussion in 'Build Your Own PC' started by Jr500mb, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Jr500mb

Jr500mb

Hi there

I"m new to this forums and I hope some can help me out. I just got a new computer built for me with a Asus Motherboard P6X58D-E, 12GB of Memory, SSD 60GB C Drive and 750GB D Drive. The OS Windows 7 is installed only in the SSD C Drive and I have a 750GB regular D Hard Drive for saving videos, music, photos and other etc...

When I load the Pinnacle Studio Software I notice it saves on my C Drive. When I uninstalled and redo it, again is shows on the C Drive instead on the D Drive. Any reason why is this happening? Same things applies on any other programs. Now since Windows is installed I only have 27GB left on the SSD

Thanks in advance.

2. mattaggie

mattaggie

You should have probably gone for at least a 128GB SSD drive so that you could put programs on your C drive. Programs will by default be installed on the C drive. When installing a program, you have to go into advanced setup and tell it what hard drive to install on.

3. Jr500mb

Jr500mb

Hi Matt, I appreciate your response, Yes I did received that option and the programs still installed in the C Drive. If that doesn't work I guess I will need to replace another SSD with more GB space :(

4. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Even if you can get the programs to install on the D drive, installations will be putting some files in the Windows folder structure on the C drive, and you cannot change that.

5. Jr500mb

Jr500mb

I appreciate your input guys, I guess I will need to buy another SSD with at least 200GB of space. Thanks