What Would You Change? First Build

Discussion in 'Build Your Own PC' started by ChadM, Mar 25, 2006.

1. ChadM

ChadM

This is going to be my first build, everything else I have done has been upgrades. Please let me know what you would change, and why.Thanks.

Thermaltake Armor VA8000BWS

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

AMD 64 FX60

PC Power and Cooling 510

Corsair XMS Pro 2GB 3200

WD 150GB 10,000 x2

eVGA 7900GTX x2 not OC

X-FI Fatal1ty

Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1

Viewsonic 19" VX922 LCD

A few other things like mouse, keyboard, and CD/DVD burner. This will be for 95% gaming, and 5% vidoe editing from a camcorder. I would like to run RAID0, but would like to know how to back it up.Just lost everything when 1 of my HD went out. Thanks again.

Chad

Last edited: Mar 26, 2006
  2. juppy

juppy Professional Cow Tipper

Looks like a nice selection of parts to me. Don't forget the ram though (you may not have....I just noticed it wasn't listed).

3. ChadM

ChadM

I had forgotten to add the RAM back in, thanks. That would have sucked.

Chad

4. Staren

Staren

First thing I would do is switch the FX60 to the 4800+. Even if you are building the best, you have to draw the line somewhere and that price jump is pretty nuts for an extra 200mhz. Just my $0.02 on the subject.

5. Parker03GT

Parker03GT

Looks like a pretty good build ;) Check out my signature

6. ChadM

ChadM

Thanks for the info Staren, $200 per 100GHz doesn't seem like a good deal. Need to do some research, and probably make the change. Parker03GT that looks good, I hope we both have good luck with these systems. Would that be a 03 Mustang GT, I have a 05. My first ever mustang, and I love it.

Chad

7. kram

kram

Looks good, but you forgot the operating system. One thing that did catch my eye is the PSU. PC P&C is a great quality brand, but you might consider going with a more heaftier unit, given that you have a SLI, double-HDD system.

kram

8. ChadM

ChadM

I will be using XP home. I talked to ASUS about the PC Power and Cooling 850, and they told me the 510 would be fine. I am a little nervous about that, but I am going on what ASUS told me.

Chad

9. Parker03GT

Parker03GT

Yep, it WAS. And before that I had a 99 Mustang coupe. However, I traded the GT in a few months ago for a 04 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Enjoy the 05:cool:

10. ChadM

ChadM

A fun car to drive, had to wait 6 months for it to be built. It was worth it.

Chad