What u think about the gforce8??

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Automation' started by arix, Nov 11, 2006.

1. arix

arix

What are the enhancements that this card provides??
    Is it worth what it costs?

2. Alaron

Alaron Kickin' it

They are powerful, thats for sure. The main thing they bring to the table is DirectX 10 support. But I would hold off on buying them just for that. There will be plenty of cards coming out that will support it. And in my opinion, they are too expensive for most. Only the truly rich can afford those things.

I don't know about your budget, but if you're looking at video cards, I'd stick with something a bit lower powered, but still very good like a Geforce 7900 or Radeon X1950.

3. blue60007

blue60007 Wx geek

They're power guzzlers that's for sure. The 8800GTX (not sure about the GTS) needs *two* (yes, that's not a typo) 6-pin PCI-E power plugs to power the thing (adapters included). And it's really long (not sure of the exact dimensions, but you gotta make sure it'll fit in your case if your case is on the smaller side).

4. MoHeatSink

MoHeatSink

A single card blowing away sli and crossfire ( http://www.gamespot.com/features/6161267/index.html?tag=topslot;action;4 ), it'll probably be my next card. Though I will be waiting till it come down in price, I never buy new cards.

I was waiting till Nvidia could support AA and HDR at the same time, was the only reason I did not buy Nvidia, finally I have no more excuses. I think it's look'n pretty good.