What games are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Benchmarks' started by Gargus, May 24, 2009.

1. Gargus

Gargus Banned

For some reason I never got into zelda the minish cap for GBA and got very far but couple days ago it finally settled in and now Im playing it everyday. Which is odd because its more like the old school zelda games I love best.

Been playing the hell out of left 4 dead with friend of mine and we both got killing floor when it launched and playing it some in between also.

I want to finish dead space also so I can start working on my level ideas for little big planet and play through the darkness also.

2. mjkovis

mjkovis I don't computer.

I currently play:

Left 4 Dead
    CoD 4 - Modern Warfare
    CoD - World at War

Used to play World of Warcraft WAY too much. Every now and then I load up the old Enemy Territory - RTCW and melt a few faces for old times sake.

3. Gargus

Gargus Banned

Yeah cancelled my WOW account also, but I did it just because I got tired of all the lazy and obnoxious players in the game.

4. Khalil

Khalil 计算机超级技术

I am playing Supreme Commander this weekend. I also been messing around with Genesis Rising, Medieval II and I still have my Station account going, I log on to EQ2 and Vanguard from time to time.

5. Sevillian273

Sevillian273

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box -awesome game but doesnt like only 1 gig of ram....

FarCry 1

StarCraft: BroodWar -11 years and going strong!

6. Khalil

Khalil 计算机超级技术

7. Sevillian273

Sevillian273

Yeah I cant wait for SC2! It looks awesome, I just hope I can run it... No release date yet. Blizzard is such a tease! 11 years since the original and they STILL cant say when the sequel will come out?

8. Ahura

Ahura

Idk, SC 2 is a bit... too out-of-proportion for me, literally and figuratively speking.
    Diablo 3 on the other hand, definitely going to worth however much they'll be after release + 4-6 months... XD

Currently it's just CSS and Medieval 2 Kingdom w/ SS mod. Some Dota now and then.
    Will try Prince of Persia (the latest one) once my freaking 8800gt get back.

Now I regret selling my G25 since burntout paradise does look pretty good, even for an arcade sim.

At Khalil, if you're going to play Medieval 2, then get the expansion, Kingdom, also AND then go to their forum (TWcenter) and look for a mod called Stainless Steel. It will greatly enhance your experience w/ Medieval 2 completely. Dont bother just w/ the first Medieval 2. Dont play the Kingdom expansion alone neither.

9. Gargus

Gargus Banned

Yeah cant wait for starcraft 2 either. I just dont like its getting split in 3 parts, 1 game for each race. Blizzard said its because they wanted to make the story better but hell warcraft 3 and its expansions told a pretty lengthy story for like 3 races each one and it still managed to fit on just a cd. Just hope each one isnt 50 bucks, hate to pay 150 just to get the whole thing.

I got megaman x collection off ebay so it should be here soon, cant wait to fire it up.

10. mjkovis

mjkovis I don't computer.

I too cannot wait for SC2. My brothers and I played that game habitually!!! It was soooo much fun back when it came out and lasted for years.

Yeah, I canceled mine this January. Just got to be too much. I help run a gaming clan and started a WoW Guild for us at one point back when we first started to dabble into it when it was first released. We got a bit too serious and it was just taking up too much of my time. They are still rocking and rolling right now. They have just about cleared all the new content from the Ulduar expansion...

11. Rob_Jewell

Rob_Jewell

Playing a lot of L4D but I must admit that I'm not a fan of finding dedicated servers. My friends complain because I occasionally use a trackpad (lol). On the other hand I will be purchasing "ABP" when it is released, looks awesome!

12. Jaggannath

Jaggannath Gremlin Overlord

Plants vs Zombies... great game!!

13. David M

David M Techphile.

I am playing Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 right now. I sometimes go and play the original version of Halo as well. Some of the mods in Halo are pretty fun.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  14. GodofCats

GodofCats

Total War series = awesome

The Total War series is pretty much my favorite of all time, in all games, not just RTSs. When I got Shogun: Total War way back in Christmas of I think '99 I just fell in love with the series. I remember playing it for the first time. I had 2 groups of men coming into a wooded area on the battlemap, and a enemy battalion in the center of said area. When I went to crush the enemy, there were 2 enemy units that came out of the woods from the sides! lol I got crushed by the enemy, but I have been too involved in the series ever since. If you like Medieval II I would also suggest Kingdoms and Empire: Total War, both great buys for RTS enthusiasts.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  15. rclaxx14

rclaxx14

Good call with Killing Floor man, its such a sweet game. I'm playing that, Crysis, the Witcher, Fallout 3, Combat Arms, America's Army 3, Chronicles of Spellborn and Runes of Magic.

16. maxnik

maxnik

still TF2 and DoD:S

17. Sevillian273

Sevillian273

Lego Star Wars Trilogy FTW! :D

18. Lespaul20

Lespaul20

rFactor waiting for rFactor2(technically a sim)

19. andper10

andper10

Game I play regularly:
    Counter Strike Source (especially gungame with instant respawn)

Games I have (re)played in the past few months or games I play occasionally:
    Portal
    Crysis & Crysis Warhead
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2, 3
    Need for Speed Series (especially Most Wanted)
    I am also thinking about getting Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box.

How is Call of Duty World at War? Hopefully Modern Warfare 2 will be at least as good as COD4 was. The previews I have seen for it look great. I had a fun time beating the COD4 Epilogue on Veteran with knife only :) ( http://www.xfire.com/video/bd570/ )

20. tomster2300

tomster2300 I like monkeys

COD WaW is pretty good, especially if you like fire. You use the flamethrower quite a bit in the campaign, especially when clearing out Japanese trenches and tunnels. Unfortunately the flamethrower is a level 60 something perk in multiplayer, so prepare to play awhile before picking it up. The campaign is just as crazy and fun as the other games, and is kind of refreshing playing in the Pacific Theater for once. You of course play as the Russians too as they march towards Berlin...only this time you finally feel like you take the city at the end.

I'm currently playing COD 4 (campaign / multiplayer), COD WaW multiplayer and the Sims 2. When my HD 4870 comes in I'll be playing the Sims 3 as well.

BTW, how were Crysis and its expansion?