We couldn't finish processing your order Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant

Discussion in 'Windows OS Support (Vista and newer)' started by icallmedan, Oct 26, 2012.

1. icallmedan

icallmedan

So I am trying to upgrade to Windows 8 via the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant. When I get to the part after I enter my credit card info and hit next I get:

"We couldn't finish processing your order

Provided by arvato digital services, llc. Privacy Statement, Imprint. The following happened while processing your order:

Intializing checkout failed."

Anyone else get this message?

It was the same whether I did PayPal or Credit Card? Is it just a case of server overload on the part of "Arvato." Maybe Microsoft was ready for the amount of downloads, but Arvato wasn't ready for the amount of payments?

2. jdeb

jdeb

It is a major issue. Double check your credit card and make sure it has not charged it already. If it did your going to have to contact the Microsoft store but be prepared for a long delay...(877) 696-7786

3. icallmedan

icallmedan

Thanks, I just checked and nothing....so I guess I'm lucky on that one. I suppose I will just go about my day and try again later, or maybe tomorrow.

4. trulad

trulad

There was a tiny box in the lower left corner to "accept terms". Did you check that? I missed it the first time.

5. icallmedan

icallmedan

I had been clicking it, it must have been something else. I tried again a few hours later and it worked fine. I'm guessing the payment servers were overloaded or something.