Vieques Island !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 15Y, Feb 10, 2011.

1. 15Y

15Y

Hi: I've been here since 2000. Found about PCMech surfing web in reference on DIY computers. I Come from Vieques Island( if you were/are a Marine, NAVY may bring memories). Served for 10 years in the US ARMY, Aviation.

2. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back!

I assume "15Y" is your MOS?

3. trulad

trulad

I was there in 1952 with the 2nd. Marine Division. funny how they made the U.S. give it up because of dangerous unexploded ordinance and other chemicals but now it's safe for a resort.
    $$$$

4. rjfvillarosa

rjfvillarosa Moderator Staff Member

I lived in Puerto Rico for about ten years and visited Vieques, it is a beautiful island.

5. trulad

trulad

I agree,it is a tropical paradise. I recently saw a segment on the travel channel and one of our tanks is still there,half buried in the sand.

6. 15Y

15Y

Yes, 15Y (68Y), Aviation, was my MOS. Alot of politician used the Island for political purpose only. Not every body was against the NAVY. They made it look bad. Most of them never saw comming: If Garcia close, RR(Ceiba) must close too! Now the sorrow. 25% of population in Vieques are American. About 25% of Vieques population are American, some served and stayed on the island.

7. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

Never made it to Vieques, but I used to go into Roosy Roads when I was in the Navy.