Videos go green

Discussion in 'Networking, Internet, Web Applications & The Cloud' started by Anomo, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Anomo

Anomo

So its been a while since I was here last, but I have stumbled upon a problem. All videos that are played, whether it be youtube, megavideo or some other video site, it starts green. To fix it I have to click somewhere on the timeline.

I have not installed anything lately and did both a scan with MSE and Malewarebytes. Nothing suspicious popped up except one add trojan that was deleted.

Do any of you know what could cause this? How can I fix it?

Added info: I use google chrome, W7 64-bit, java, and shockwave are updated. Flash is supposed to auto-update with chrome.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  2. Force Flow

Force Flow Barefoot on the Moon! Staff Member

3. Anomo

Anomo

It is not possible to manually update flash in chrome (that I know of), but I did try doing it via Firefox. Both browsers still start the video with pure green.

4. Force Flow

Force Flow Barefoot on the Moon! Staff Member

Oh, that's right...I had forgotten that chrome integrates flash into the browser.

You may need to disable hardware acceleration for flash.

Right click on a flash video and click "settings". On the "display" tab, uncheck "enable hardware acceleration". Click close and refresh the webpage.

5. Anomo

Anomo

That worked. Thanks Force Flow :D It's amazing how sometimes it is the small things that you don't even think could do anything special that ruin things :p