time for new speaker sys

Discussion in 'Home Theater and Automation' started by Briab Guy, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Briab Guy

Briab Guy

I have an older speaker system that finally went south on me. (Cambridge Soundworks).
    I am looking for a new sound sys for around $150. Yeah, I know.
    I found what looks like a good sys, the Logitech Z-5300. But no where to buy it.
    And I wanted to ask here before I bought something that I would regret later.
    So anyone knows of a good sound system for $150 pls reply, or where to buy the Z-5300, if they really are a good system.
    Thanks in advance

2. David M

David M Techphile.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  3. Briab Guy

Briab Guy

thanks

David M,
    Thanks, I saw the Amazon one and was concerned about them being used.

But the Ecrater looks good, and I didn't find any place that had the Z5300 in stock.

I had a good sys., and it had the 5 speaker set-up, so I am probably biased.

Do you think the two speaker system can deliver as good of sound? I'm just don't know.
    Thanks
    Brian

4. glc

glc Forum Administrator Staff Member

5. David M

David M Techphile.

Have you seen the this 5.1 system?
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/home_pc_speakers/devices/234&cl=us,en
    I have no idea about the sound quality. Its not THX certified.

I am using the Z-5500 5.1 system. To answer your question, I would not want to go back to a 2.1 system. Its just too nice to hear things all around you plus the sound quality is amazing.

I don't know how trustworthy they are but Xoxide has a Z-5500 system for $320. I have only ordered from them a few times but they have never screwed up my order.
    http://www.google.com/products/cata...ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBIQ8wIwAA#ps-sellers

I think you might want to save up your money for the Z-5500 system or as George said, connect it into your stereo system and go for a 2.1 system...or if your stereo does 5.1

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  6. Briab Guy

Briab Guy

thanks

I seem to have lucked out for a change. This past month or so has been one disaster after another.
    I'm not from Philly where I live now. But I still talk to ppl from bck home.
    I am getting a slightly used Logitech Z-5300 for cheap. And I "know" that they are in good shape.
    I don't really have what ppl call a home entertainment system. I don't watch that much TV. But do listen to music. I have a decent sound sys. NAD with a couple custom made floor model speakers. But its in another room.
    I think these Z-5300 will keep my neighbors grumbling.
    David M
    that Z-5500 5.1 system really looks nice. Some day, maybe.
    Thanks for the help. I will let you know what I think of the speakers when I get them.
    BriAN

7. David M

David M Techphile.

Excellent!... It sounds like you found a really good deal.