Texting - Verizon to AT&T

Discussion in 'Tablets, Smartphones, & Mobile Devices' started by EzyStvy, Apr 6, 2010.

1. EzyStvy

EzyStvy Computing Professor Staff Member

I went to dinner with my best friend and his girlfriend. The both carry iPhones.

We're sitting at the same table-> I can text her but not him. Any text message I send just seem to disappear into la la land. They both can successfully send me text messages to my Verizon Droid. I also can send text messages to other iPhone users...

Maybe somehow I got on a Blacklist on my friends phone:confused:

2. shadowpr

shadowpr I like me

that's weird

3. Panama Red

Panama Red If I'm not here, I may be cruisin'! Staff Member

Well shucks Steve, if yer sittin' at the same table, why don't ya just do it the old fashioned way and talk out loud? :D

4. juppy

juppy Professional Cow Tipper

My brother has had a problem sorta like that ever since he upgraded his phone awhile back. With his old Motorola Razr, he could send a text to my computer email address with no problem (and my email would go back to his phone as well). He got a different phone a few months back, a Motorola......Cadbury?.....I think.....anyway, whatever the model, this new phone won't send to my email for nothing. I can email his new phone just like I always could, but he can't send me anything. The company said it was a problem with Google (my Gmail account), so I told him to try sending it to my Yahoo account. No go there either, so they lied. They said they were having to upgrade their servers because of a lack of bandwidth capability, so whether that is playing a part in this or not, I don't know. Maybe they turned off any texts that don't go to another phone or something. Who knows? It's worked one time, about 3 weeks ago, but can't make it do it again.

5. EzyStvy

EzyStvy Computing Professor Staff Member

We were forced to talk out loud to each other - thus the reason for this thread:p