Svcd/cvd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Videoguru, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Videoguru

Videoguru

Hi
    I just bought an Standalone DVD player.
    It recognizes my SVCD's, but the right an left side go out of the screen, cause it thinks that it is an CVD.
    What is a CVD, and how can i get this player to play sVCD?
    A380

2. RJ

RJ

Hi,

what player do you have ? Have you confirmed that this player is capable of playing SVCD ?
    Maybe it's the SVCD itself. The correct way is with the MPEG2 folder, not MPEGAV. I don't know how you burn the SVCD, but try it with the other folder.
    I am not sure what a CVD is but I think it's DVD content on a CD, a mini DVD.

RJ

3. ryanatalie

ryanatalie Banned

Almost all players that decode SVCD {480x576/480} also read CVD {352x576/480} (China Video Disc). I would try adjusting your television first, before reencoding or burning a different copy.

Both formats should look fine from a DVD standalone capable of outputting their format. Play around with the controls of your DVD player and TV.

4. Videoguru

Videoguru

I already tried MPEG2 and MPEGAV, both the same. should be able to play svcd. But every SVCD get's recognized as CVD.

5. RJ

RJ

How do you create your SVCDs ? Maybe try a different software, i.e. VCDeasy (www.vcdeasy.org). it has also 2 options that are referring to china specification or similar.

RJ

6. Videoguru

Videoguru

I'm using vcdeasy. Haven't seen the 2 options you are talking about yet, but i'll take a closer look.