Start Menu

Discussion in 'Software Discussion & Support' started by Chris Linder, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Chris Linder

Chris Linder

This may be an easy one but I just cant find it out , I seen someone have all there programes right on there start menu , You know how you can unlock your start bar and make it one size bigger well I made it bigger and want all my programs in the bar. Im useing win XP Pro . Can anyone help me out.

Thanks,!!:)

2. perkster

perkster

i customise my start menu by going to c:\documents and setting\username\start menu\

i then group all my programs into folders like Office suites, Games, Music players, Web browsers etc.

not sure if that helps

3. stylin19

stylin19

are you asking about the quick launch feature on the task bar ? assuming XP here...

if so, since you've already unlocked the taskbar

1. right click on the task bar, select toolbars, check quick launch.

2. create a shortcut to the folder:

"C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"

in the "C:\Documents and Settings\username\SendTo" folder

replace username with your username on your computer. then you should be able to right click on anything and sent it to quick launch..

good luck

4. Chris Linder

Chris Linder

Thank you so much for your input I think im getting closer to what Im looking for. I have my short cuts down on my start menu , And I now know how to add programs down there by just sliding it down , What im still in the dark on is how to put those quick launch short cuts down on the bottom and not on the same hight as the programs that are running. Iv seen it down but just dont know how to do it. As you know my start menu it one size bigger because I unlocked it and made it bigger so that gives me a top and bottom. I want my quick launchs on the bottom...... !!!! :confused:

5. stylin19

stylin19

see attachment

is this what you are looking for ?

Attached Files:

6. Chris Linder

Chris Linder

That’s exactly what im looking for How in the world do you make it so there all on the bottom. Finally Someone feels me on this. Please tell me how you do that. It would be very appreciated on my part.

:)

7. trulad

trulad

I just right click the program,select short cut to desktop and drag it to the task bar. Then I Lock the taskbar so everything stays the same.
    trulad

8. Chris Linder

Chris Linder

I hear what your saying and iv done that!! But Im trying to get my programes to be on the lower part of the start bar like your picture show , now look at my picture , this is how im stuck with it, on the same level as where the programs are. I would like it to be on the bottom so the programs have its own space.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  9. stylin19

stylin19

there should be a seperator bar to the left of your running programs and to the left of your launch pad.

just left click any of the seperators and hold it, then move it up or down.

and you really didn't need to expand the task bar.
    rolling it down will automatically expand it. rolling it up will reduce it. it being the task bar

hope this makes sense

good luck