Skyrim System Requirements?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Benchmarks' started by Kagusaki, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Kagusaki

Kagusaki

Hey does anyone here knows or can guess what the system requirements are for Skyrim? I built a gaming tower for Skyrim when it comes out but using it for other games right now.

Here's the specs on my comp:

INWIN 12 BAY ATX FULL TOWER CASE 300W POWER NEW Q500N

GIGABYTE 890GPA-UD3H MOTHERBOARD

PHENOM II X6 1100T BLK ED AM3 3.3G 512KB 125W 3.7G TURBO CPU

CORSAIR XMS3 4 GB 1333MHz STICK

ANTEC EARTHWATTS EA750 750W PSU

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 3.5' HDD

ASUS 24X OEM DVDRW

I only got one RAM stick in the computer but will be getting up to 16gb as the months go by. I'm only using the onboard vid and sound card right now since it plays Oblivion on max settings pretty well. I'm hoping I can figure out what video card I need well before the game comes out so I can save up for it. Thanks y'all

2. Nuclear Krusader

Nuclear Krusader Mondsreitersmann

Never mind: thought the components you listed were the ones you were planning on getting. I see now that you already have them.

The best thing to do is to wait till the game is actually out and reviewed with the hardware on the market at the time. Anything we say now will be mere and useless especulation.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  3. Kagusaki

Kagusaki

I needed a new computer anyways because my laptop is over 5 years old and can't run anything thanks to it's crappy intel video card. The q500n tower was new old stock and I really liked the old beige box towers. Tall tower for a good price and not too fancy looking. The CPU shouldn't be big of a problem since most games can run on quad cores.

I know for sure I'm going to need more RAM though and I probably need Windows 7 (I have XP 64bit right now). I'm just trying to figure out the video card. I'm planning to either buy a video card that will work with the crossfire hybrid function or buy a true crossfire card but I don't know much about video cards. From what I heard, the 890gx chipset only works with the Radeon HD4000 series. Would the hybrid function be better then using a regular non hybrid crossfire video card? :confused:

4. pam123

pam123 Computing Professor Staff Member

Since Skyrim is due out in the fall you will have a new crop of video cards to consider.
    From past history, Bethesda games are usually no more than a generation behind in their requirements so that makes one of the higher 5XXX series the the best choice but it's still speculation.
    Go over to the Rage3D site : Rage3D Discussion Area - Powered by vBulletin and check out how the various crossfire set-ups are working out before you commit.