Roller Blades for Hockey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by patislesfan, Apr 15, 2004.

1. patislesfan

patislesfan

I'm in the market for new roller blades. I use recreational skates for roller hockey but I think I need some hockey skates.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a good affordable pair of skates also a good place to buy them.

Thanks.

2. hobey19

hobey19 usual suspect

i have always used ultra wheels blades with abec 7 bearings. used to play a lot of roller hockey, and they were perfect for that. and then they were also good when i went for long distances. they give you tons of speed, and are incredibly comfortable. i never liked any of the the true hockey ones because they were uncomfortable. since i played ice hockey, i thought they would be similar, but i thought the roller blades had a much harder feel to them. i am now on my fourth pair of ultra wheels since i baught some bauer roller blades. i am very happy with them. look at the matrix on their website

craig

3. xbenjix72

xbenjix72

i use ccm's. they work great for me. great feel when riding.

4. trebor

trebor

It is not so much the blades you get, but he wheels and bearing you get. Try swiss bearing for speed, black hole wheels for durability and grip, with aluminum races for better glides.

That is what used for both street hockey and long distance blading, hill racing, whatever I wanted. Have fun.

5. Redfallon

Redfallon Resident Intel Fanboy

roller hockey is cool, man that's been a couple years back for me!

6. rhdb52

rhdb52

7. Alienware_Dude

Alienware_Dude Red Sox Nation

If you have ice hockey skates, go to a skate shop and get an inline chassis installed onto the boot.; that way, you don't have to break in new skates.