Random Cord HELP!

Discussion in 'Build Your Own PC' started by Musicmata7, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Musicmata7

Musicmata7

I have a Rosewill TU-155 case. There are ports on the front panel. All cables are labels accept for one. it is a connector that has two wires,one blue and one white. it looks like 4 should be going through the connector but only two wires go to it. There is also another blue and white cord but that one is labeled. I have no idea where to connect it. The instructions are limited. I think its a reset or type of power connector at first but those connectors are labeled. HELP!

2. FLG

FLG

Im gonna guess its the internal speaker wire. If its not, name the wires that are labled.

3. Cricket

Cricket Shiro Usagi

What are the wires connected to?

:) Cricket

4. jayb1234

jayb1234

The online version of the manual(what a joke 2.6Mb and probably 99% of that is the pretty rosewill logo on the first page) has one of the leads relabeled to blue/white for the power led, and shows the other blue/white as being the reset switch.
    Also the included psu is only a 20 pin atx.That might be a problem, depending on what your other parts are.​

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  5. Musicmata7

Musicmata7

Help me

The speaker wires is labeled, the hdd led, reset switch and power switch, i Think It might be the power LED, bit i dont know. It only has 2 wires going to it. Also, upon further inspection. My big fan, on the back wall just under the power supply has 2 4 pin adapters. One goes from the fan to an adapter and another 4 wires goes from that adapter to another. How do i decifer this? Also, how do i know exactly what wires go where from the power supply. YES these are more newb questions, but i gotta figure it out and my case doesn't supply very adequate directions.

6. Musicmata7

Musicmata7

also, if any of this helps, like i said i have a TU-155 rosewill case and a 661FM2-LSR MSI motherboard

7. Musicmata7

Musicmata7

THanks for that manual JayB, it is the Power LED but there is still one more thing to figure out. where do I put this blue and white wire. I have to assume that it goes to the power supply because that's the only spot where these 4 wire connectors are. Can i use a "peripheral connector" for it? It seems as if those are reserved for things like CD and maybe that's where my Rear fan goes too, idk so how do i figure this out?

8. suitcase

suitcase

It seems the connector should go on the motherboard. The MB should have pins labled Power LED. Probably labled + and -. I think it's just the little light on the front of the case telling you the pc is on.

9. seanarmenta

seanarmenta

so far all the cases i've used in builds designate a blue/white for reset switches.