Profile & login Problem

Discussion in 'Windows Legacy Support (XP and earlier)' started by holocube, Mar 31, 2004.

1. holocube

holocube

hey guys, I just purchased an ex-LAN pc from an internet cafe, and it was still setup for the lan network etc. (It's running WinXP Pro.) ...So I Removed the users etc. except for WinXp's defualt admin account (and the guest) which I was logged on as at the time. I didn't know at that time that it was not possible to remove the admin because it was preset one so i thought i would delete admin and run it as a whole like win98 (was still getting to gripps with winXP, never used it b4 and therefore didn't know this couldn't b done). So, i created another admin account and found out i couldn't delete the first one because it is a winzp preset account, as is the guest. Before i created a different admin account to try and remove it though, I had already deleted the profile files from it (C:\documents and settings\administrator\(deleted the contents, not the folder itself)). I am now in a situation therefore where I cannot login to the original admin account because I have deleted those files, I cannot remove it because it is preset and I cannot copy new files to it because access is denied. Also i tried using admin tools and it's none the better. Thx 4 ne replies :)

2. holocube

holocube

ps, all i'm looking to do now is to be able to login to the original admin so I can delete the new one and just use the original (I wanted to use a new one because of the time it would save in sorting out the settings from what they had b4), without needing to reinstall windows, as the software came with it and I have no disk.

3. holocube

holocube

Don't worry, I decided to hack the <profile name>.dat file for the other one i created, causing the profile i was currently running was a different one to it's record and therefore I was able to delete all the extra profiles, forceing it to run the administrator profile at startup as it was the only profile loaded.
    tx neway ;)