Premium membership problems

Discussion in 'Premium Member Lounge' started by fredws, Jan 9, 2009.

1. fredws

fredws

:eek: I'm having a problem viewing any premium "stared" videos or articles. I see the bar that tells me to login which I do but then the bar message still tells me I must upgrade my membership to view which I already have done. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.:(:confused:

2. MrDravenX

MrDravenX

Do you stay logged in? When I log in the site typically don't keep me logged in. I usually go into one of the sections like "Hardware" and than back to home and it stays logged in.

3. fredws

fredws

I just loged on with a new computer and still cant get access to any premium videos.

4. drisley

drisley PCMech Founder

I emailed all members yesterday about this issue. Most members are not having this problem, however some are. I have not yet figured out the exact reason for it but will be fixing it ASAP. Once it is taken care of, I will notify everybody again via email.

Sorry about the technical difficulties.

5. fredws

fredws

Thanks

Thanks Dave, I'm patiently waiting to get back to all the great information you have. It sure seems like a very strange problem. I would be interested in hearing what develops. :)

6. fredws

fredws

I can now view Premium content but only once it is listed under the "Premium Content" tab. Anything that is "stared" in the main page I still can not access.

7. nogo

nogo

where's the Gold!

I am having the same prob. as fred.Cannot access premium content of any kind

8. drisley

drisley PCMech Founder

I'm about to give members preliminary access to the new member side of the site, which will completely alleviate this issue. Stand by to your email. :)

9. rocknblogger

rocknblogger

Hi Dave:

I have weird problems. If I log out I then can't log back in. I've tried clearing out the cache deleting all the cookies and still it does not matter. But When I click on the link from one of your emails, then it's no problem since the password and ID are stored in Firefox. But I use 3 different computers and I can't log in with either of the other 2. I thought that maybe I forgot my password but that's not it. I really hope that this can be resolved soon or else I can only work from one location, not good.

Just a thought. I just tried again and instead of waiting for the page to redirect me I clicked on the link and I was signed in no problem so maybe something with the redirecting process???

By the way I'm seeing ads did you change your policy regarding "No Ads" for premium members?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  10. drisley

drisley PCMech Founder

Hey guys:
    Try accessing the premium section (still in progress) at:
    http://www.pcmech.com/premium/

It will force a log-in then should grant access. Let me know.

11. rocknblogger

rocknblogger

That link seems to be working well, I tried all of the different menu options and each section now seems to work ok. But I have a question about the ads, you said that there will be no ads for premium members yet I see them on every page. Did you change you policy about that?

12. MrDravenX

MrDravenX

I would assume ads will go away when it's all finished?