Power Connection's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hollywood, May 23, 2002.

1. hollywood

hollywood

Lookin For Answer's
    Recently I was informed NOT to have my DSL PowerPak installed into my Surge protector or into the same wall outlet.Due to the fact that Somehow it can decrease my Bandwidth
    Is this True?

Also are there certain items that should be connected to Dedicated outlet from where the PC is connected.

Like keeping the Printer,Scanner,SubWoffer on a different outlet

2. muTe

muTe

well for the DSL modem I don't think it will change anything if it's plugged in the same outlet
    I have everything plugged in the same outlet and not a problem here.

3. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

There are no absolutes, but the odds are extremely slim.

4. HAL9000

HAL9000

I don't think there would be any effects of plugging them into the same outlet. I do know that when it comes to plugging things into a UPS, you definitely DO NOT plug a laser printer into them. It will suck the battery to nothing in no time and you will be replacing batteries like crazy.

5. wolfie

wolfie

thanks hal. never dawned on me, i betcha the printer was draining my batteries too. couldn't figure out why my UPS kept dyeing. thought the batts should last longer then they did.

wolfie

6. bailey

bailey

I belive that I would challenge the person who told you that, the statement is nothing but bs as far as I am concerned,
    all electronic circuts run on a dc power.
    the dc power is made from ac power with a transformer to reduce the voltage, and rectorfiers to change it to dc along with the required filtering and regulators, the transformer gives isolation from the ac power line, therefore it can not cause any disruption to any other device that is connected to the same power source.

7. hollywood

hollywood

Hey Bailey

I do believe sprint had told me that one. When I first got setup with them.
    And since then Ive wondered because I recently moved and where I have my system setup I have only 1 outlet close bye and was worried about connecting everything to the surge protector.
    AHHH Also they told me NOT to connect Telephone wire through the surge protector as well

8. SARGE

SARGE The Preacher Man

Re: Hey Bailey

I agree with that.