Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by androon0ise, Nov 10, 2010.

1. androon0ise

Nov 10, 2010
    Hey everyone!
    Stumbled on here lookin for a good forum for PC people. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm hoping to broaden my knowledge and eventually maybe have a career with computers. I'm in college right now and considering a major in Computer Information Systems. Wondering from any people who have studied in any areas similar to CIS, and if you need to already have some experience in the field or can I go in as a newb?
    Also just got done with my first build, should have come here first haha.

2. rwest

Mar 19, 2006
    Cocoa, Florida
    Yeh this is a great place to hang out. Most of what i know, I've learned from the mods and regualars. We have a good group of people with a wide range of knowledge. Just keep it clean, and mature.

I tend to try and help peolpe with what I think I know. Sometimes I'm right, other times the mods or someone will step in and say-nope. But it's done with respect. If there's an area you'd like to learn, just follow along with the posts. If you have a queation, google it. If you don't find the answer you were looking for, post a question.

I use the concept of: if you get help...give it, or at least try. If you like computers, stick around; you'll like it here.

As far as being a noob, I wouldn't sweat it. Let everyone know your into computers and soon enough you'll be the 'go to' guy.:) Especially if your 'up' on wireless technology and system information. This has got to be the most useful knowledge the average consumer doesn't have. From what I understand, the hardest part is building a customer base.

I'm just a hobbyist, but I've repaired umpteen PC's for friends and family. I don't charge anything because it's fun for me. And I ususally always learn a bit more with each repair. i've actually helped a few friends build computers with the suggestion's from the folks here. They've bought the parts that were reccomended, and they either watched me or put it together with me. i have 3 total builds under my belt,including my own, all done thru this site.